Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Cruze RS, and I was curious how to get the dual exhaust look without having to purchase a complete exhaust system. I didn't know if it already had a dual exhuast being covered up by the rear body kit or it could only be achieved by getting a full exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,911 Posts
The Cruze only has a single exhaust that exits on the left. In order to have a dual-outlet exhaust, you will need an exhaust system (catback) that has dual outlets.

Magnaflow and Flowmaster make systems with dual outlets.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
It's going to be hard to do without getting into that kind of money.

Pretty much anything you try to improvise is going to come off looking cheesy or totally high school.

This is a good example of work done on the cheap. This was once a dignified car. But someone went cheap on the wheels and then the whole thing cascaded into this worthless mess that was sent to the crusher.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Full-size car

Live and learn. Don't let this happen to you. Don't do bodywork when high.

Reactions: Merc6

·
10,712 Posts
What you want can be done. There is a muffler where it mimics the OEM muffler and has and outlet on both sides like the kit. For the life of me I wasn't able to actually find the muffler in a catalog. Youtube has it on a 1.8 and I been looking for an hr no luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I really like the look of this, but google won't translate because its images instead of text and I dont know anyone who could help. If the price is reasonable, I would seriously consider the dual round tips.
Yea that is pretty nice, but I was also notified of another route by a fellow cruzer. Look up on Amazon a diffuser. Its not the real thing but gives it the dual exhaust look.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you can find a really qualified Exhaust guy who has great welding, you can get a custom dual exhaust look cheaper than the name brand catbacks, although probably not by much. Id assume around the $500 range.

I belive the Cruize has a resonator- so you can replace that with a splitter/Y pipe, and then go onwards. But your car will be quieter and the the job more expensive if u have TWO mufflers. I would suggest just keeping the factory muffler on one side and have it straight through on the custom side. But if you go this route the car will also be slightly louder due to the loss of the resonator.

However, this is what I would do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.