Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Dual U LED Headlight adjustment

10K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  billyhime 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Grille

So I have had these headlights installed a little over a year, took it to the dealership and had them align the headlights, they said it was tough to do, but they did the best they could. I have been getting flashed by multiple cats every night I go driving. Does anyone know how to adjust these headlights?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
I have them and have played with the adjustment myself. I get brighted every now and again and it's because when they originally installed the projectors the rotation is off slightly, so even though the beams are where they should be vertically, the driver side tilts up to the left, probably getting into some people's eyes. There's nothing we can do about it either unless we "bake" and open the lights and adjust accordingly. That's my issue with them at least.

Also, the horizontal aim is way too far to the left for both sides, and as far as I know there's only vertical adjustment screws. So that's a big reason why we get brighted too.

As for adjustment, I've only seen screws on the back for vertical adjustment, and they're on the outermost corners of the lights in the back, you'll see them it's the only silver screws with a phillips head and they look like they're attached to a wide washer with teeth on it. Best thing to use is a right angle screw driver since you wont have room to use even a short stubby one.

#3 ·
If the LEDs are not exactly where the filament of the stock bulbs would be, the "projection" will be off and it can't be fixed. The reflectors are designed for the stock bulbs and can't handle anything that doesn't exactly match them.

Reactions: Merc6
#4 ·
It's a whole aftermarket assembly that came with halogen projectors installed and halogen bulbs in them. It's totally different than the stock housings with lo/hi reflectors, the high beams on these aftermarket housings have reflectors but the low beam is a separate projector beam. So everything fits how it's supposed to, it's just they originally installed the projectors poorly and crooked, whoever the manufacturer of the lights are.

#7 ·
It's a whole aftermarket assembly that came with halogen projectors installed and halogen bulbs in them.
What bulb is in them now? The thread title says LED. If the bulb is something other than the lens and reflector system was designed for, it may not work right.

Reactions: Merc6
#5 ·
Are you guys using hids in your low beams? I was having alignment issues with the halogens but the hids seem to not be blinding as many. I still get a few that I blind but im thinking theyre not use to the hids nowadays.

#11 ·
Well it could just be that the projectors are more suited to HID bulbs so they fit better and don't scatter light above the cutoff, I know my cutoff is pretty sharp and colorful which I like. I just wish they didn't mess up the rotation from the factory where they slapped these things together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
If when you're lights are hitting a wall and you think the cutoff is pretty good and flat, they may just still be too high up. Park 25 feet from a wall on a flat surface and just turn the silver screw that's on the top/back of the light housing. There's one for the high beam and low beam so make sure you use the outermost one. You'll need a right angle screwdriver to do this. And the headlights do not need to be removed. If you're not confident in this then I'd go back to the dealer and have them aim them down a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Unfortunately for these style of headlights, the only way to access the low beam bulb is to remove the entire headlight housing, which requires removal of the front bumper cover.

There are several videos online for this procedure and it only requires basic tools so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to tackle it.

I will tell you though that every video makes it seem as though the bumper "pops right off" upon removal of all screws/fasteners and this is not the case, where the bumper meets both side fenders is where the worst clips in the world reside and they will require much finesse to disengage or you'll crack the bumper.

I managed to do it all myself having never removed a bumper before, so I'm sure you can, but beware you do obviously risk possible damage if you try to rush the removal.

#22 ·
I found the H7 lights at AutoZone, went to install them and noticed that the high beam has simply a twist part and undo and then you get access to it. The low beam has three screws which I cannot take off since they are so close to the air intake and on the other side the battery is in the way. So I guess ill have to go to the dealership for them to drop the bumper. They quoted me at $130 for 1.5 hours of labor which I think is just crazy expensive.

#26 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.