Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

duel flowmaster todat

36K views 178 replies 33 participants last post by  H3LLON3ARTH 
#1 ·
Hey guys/girls I'm at the shop putting on duel flowmasters on the cruze!!! I'm putting picture and video tonight. I'm getting it custom made for $475.00

#70 ·
Well I should hopefully be getting the RS Kit put on this weekend, I want to get the Injen CAI as well, need some rims and then hopefully some lowering springs of some short.

#73 ·
Ditto that!

I myself have a lot of plans for the Cruze and dual exhaust is one of them. But i have been in conversative mode with money. I would like to pay off my car first. But thanks to you and everybody else lol its looking like a long shot with all the nice mods.

#75 ·
Well on the whole paying off the car idea, I got an awesome APR, so I am double paying where I can to hopefully have it paid off by the time I am out of the Navy.

#78 ·
I agree, you gotta have some "Emergency Cash" just in case...

#94 ·
Got my Flow-master 80 series in today!! Getting cat back with resonator delete on Monday for $300. Paid $90 for the muffler.

#95 ·
Awesome man!! Let us know how it sounds when your up and running! =)

#96 ·
Hey chef I always wanted to ask you with the setup does it feel a bit more responsive when you go WOT?

#97 ·
Ill throw a video up for those who are interested in the sound with the resonator delete.

#100 ·
sounds good man put it up!!!

#99 ·
Though both of those exhaust mods sound better than stock and more importantly - they don't sound like angry bees in a soda can, I prefer a more agressive and raspy tone. The SRT-4 has by far the best sound notes from any inline 4 I've heard of (unless you count the 4 rotor RX-8).

The exhaust system is unique in that it does not rely on a muffler for noise reduction, instead relying on the turbocharger and resonators to reduce the exhaust volume. The end result is a very distinctive and audible exhaust note, specific only to the SRT-4.
Of course, it also has a 2.4L block so I don't know how well a 1.4L or 1.8L would sound using the same type of setup. I think I would rather keep mine quiet.

Has anyone installed a cat-back and a down pipe? Does it change the sound at all?

#101 · (Edited)
Installed today! I will take a video soon. Its tough since i go to work when its dark and its dark when i get home but ill make it happen.

P.s I have a 1.4l turbo and it does NOT sound like angry bees in a coffee can.

Reactions: sfcruze
#102 ·
For those who want to go up to 2.5" pipe, my exhaust guy tried and couldn;t make it work. Biggest he could make work was 2.25"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.