Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for my first mods to my LTZ RS, I want to do simple stuff. For example, I am going to put black vinyl on the front and back bowties.
I'm saving up to tint all 4 windows but I don't know what percentage I want because I don't know the tinting laws in Illinois.

Also, I know people get away with like limo tint on their windows but I'm pretty scared to do that! Also, the same goes for the front licence plate - I really want to take it off but I don't know how severe the law is in Illinois. I look at other cars from states who do not require a front plate and they look sooo much better!!

My question is if there are any members on here from Illinois who know the tint and front plate laws and how loose the enforcement is on them?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Welcome to the Forum CzajA.

Looks like you won't be able to do that limo tint, 35% all around is the limit in Illinois.
I'll let someone from Illinois chime in on the front plate.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I got a new front bumper and asked them not to drill for the bracket. Haven't had a front plate for a little over a year. Tint is usually a bigger problem, I've got friends that get pulled over for that stuff.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Violating the vehicle laws for the sake of "improving" the appearance of your vehicle is silly. Definitely not worth taking the risk even if it seems that other people get away with it. Do you want to always be driving and looking over you shoulder hoping a cop doesn't pull you over?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Violating the vehicle laws for the sake of "improving" the appearance of your vehicle is silly. Definitely not worth taking the risk even if it seems that other people get away with it. Do you want to always be driving and looking over you shoulder hoping a cop doesn't pull you over?
I agree.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think I will take off the front plate, was just wondering how many people have had the balls to. I do, however, want to tint my windows. Probably just 35% to be safe.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have had several vehicles that just looked better without the front plate. In my experience I was only pulled over if they were looking for something else (looking for DUIs). During normal commutes I was never bothered about it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't think I will take off the front plate, was just wondering how many people have had the balls to.
In my immediate area, thousands. Ohio requires the front plate. But they take risks running without e front plate. Could get a ticket, or even possibly lose in court over an accident. The argument being that without a front plate it was not legal for your car to be on the road, so you are at fault.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts