Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want my dvd to play whilst I'm moving.
Don't really care for the whole its illegal thing, its hardly distracting.

I noticed today that it works with the handbrake on. But if I was to trick it into thinking the handbrake was always on, would it then use the vehicle speed sensor to realise i'm not stationary?

I will leave the handbrake wiring as per normal, but tamper with the dvd wiring separately.

Does anybody know if the car uses only the handbrake earth or is it a mix of handbrake earth/vss?

It's a 2011 Holden Cruze SRi-V

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a feeling you might be correct :/

·
Registered
132 Posts
I installed a unit in another car to work like this. The lead that is supposed to go to the ebrake, we just wired to the interior light dimmer switch. That way, if you get pulled over, you just dim the interior lights a little bit, the lead loses signal, and shuts off the DVD with a "For your safety" splash screen. And yes, this was illegal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The CAN part is actually easy, all these new Denso units are CAN with a GPS backup ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well you were 100% correct, its all CAN. It's the **** GPS backup that's a killer!

EDIT: We cant say D A M N? wow...

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Well you were 100% correct, its all CAN. It's the **** GPS backup that's a killer!

EDIT: We cant say D A M N? wow...

Since your in metro Detroit I would love to catch up and chat. I work in auto industry, OBDII calibrator. Wouldn't mind discussing some of your CAN based knowledge sometime maybe?

Maybe take you for a ride in a project car... 600HP twin turbo V8... :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So your saying, GPS movement shuts the screen off?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts