Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Dynamat under rear deck/3rd brake light

4247 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  APCruze
Hi

I am experiencing quite a bit of rattle now that my sub has broken my car in basically, this year. Majority is coming from the rear deck, I can see the 3rd brake light housing moving/vibrating at the least, and it sounds bad.
Anyhow, I don't think I will be putting speakers back there where the 6x9 cutouts are (I have base sound), so that won't affect anything. Where are the best places to adhere some dynamat to? I just want to take care of this first, next year maybe the whole trunk.

Could someone help me with pics? Can I just tackle it from underneath, in the trunk, or do I have to pull some interior pieces out?

Thanks
Nick
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Administrator
14,726 Posts
You don't need dynamat. Dynamat or any Peel n stick deadener is designed to deaden small vibrations in metal, not stop two parts from rattling against each other. You need to put some closed cell foam between the parts that are rattling.

Even so, dynamat is overpriced for a vibration Deadener. Talk to Don at www.sounddeadenershowdown.com about his CCF and his CLD tiles for your purpose. Get the job done right.

Sent from mobile.

· Registered
12 Posts
Way back I had a old 91 Cadillac Deville and the trunk was massive and for really cheap I was able to get some foam like Xtreme was saying and also for the smaller vibrations I just used aluminum roofing I got from home depot and it worked really well

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes yes I know :)
Issue I had was earlier in the year I emailed them and I never got anything back, so I gave up.
I just read a couple of threads and revisited the site, looks like there were some personal issues, so I am going to re-engage.
His diagrams are helping. I will reach out because I want to do doors and trunk, without going to far. The tiles seem less involved than shaping dynamat to everything.
Nick

BTW - have any idea how many tiles for all 4 doors, and entire trunk I would need? A ballpark? I'm thinking 10 per door, I could be way off.

· Premium Member
398 Posts
I always pulled out all the trunk liner carpet and sprayed a few cans of rubberized undercoating then put the carpet back in. Did wonders. Haven't done it on this vehicle yet.

Sent from my Note 3

· Administrator
14,726 Posts
Yes yes I know :)
Issue I had was earlier in the year I emailed them and I never got anything back, so I gave up.
I just read a couple of threads and revisited the site, looks like there were some personal issues, so I am going to re-engage.
His diagrams are helping. I will reach out because I want to do doors and trunk, without going to far. The tiles seem less involved than shaping dynamat to everything.
Nick

BTW - have any idea how many tiles for all 4 doors, and entire trunk I would need? A ballpark? I'm thinking 10 per door, I could be way off.
Let me know if you can't get a hold of him and I'll let him know. I talk to him fairly often.

Sent from mobile.

· Registered
739 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.