Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyone on here who has gone the dyno tune route over trifecta or vtuner. What are the benefits to the dyno tune. And yes it would go to someone with 1.4t expirence. Any help would be appreciated I'm ready to look into tuning.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey we are getting a group buy for efi live tune for the 1.4T this tune is better than trifecta and better customer service and better performance and reliability. Follow this link to get in if you decide to get it (special price because of group buy)Hey guys we are trying to create a group buy for the BNR EFI Live tune for the 1.4T Cruze and sonic, this is the best bang for your buck that you can get for these cars. All the info is here if interested!
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/56-vendor-group-buy/131186-group-buy-bnr-efi-live-tune-1-4t-cruze.html#post1961026

·
10,695 Posts
So anyone on here who has gone the dyno tune route over trifecta or vtuner. What are the benefits to the dyno tune. And yes it would go to someone with 1.4t expirence. Any help would be appreciated I'm ready to look into tuning.
What part of Ohio are you in? We have a local with lots done and tuned dyno wise up north here. KOBALT

·
Registered
990 Posts

It depends on your power goals more then anything. A local tune using HPT or EFlive will always be Better then a canned tune. A remote tune which is what bnr and vtune offers is sometimes just as good as a in person tune.

·
10,695 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with a canned tune if you aren't gonna slap on more than a muffler(delete) and a hot air intake. Would be nice to be pushing KOBALT's numbers but I'm content with the passing power that I already have with eSAT at the moment. The future, I can't tell if my goals will change completely after I finish my other car build.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went with a custom ZZP dyno tune. They are 3 hours from my house, so I decided to head up there last October. All of the employees are really nice and Matt M was ready to tune my car at 9am right when I showed up. He knows his stuff and was telling me about the ZZP cruze shop car they modded a few years back. Overall, tune took over an hour and Matt made 6 pulls. Drivability is great and I have not had a problem at all. I love the ZZP tune. Car made 160WHP/TQ on 18.5 PSI. Matt said anything over 18.5 just over-spins the stock turbo and not that much power is gained.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Pretty much with the GM TQ PID(hp and TQ predictions) A tuner thats sharp and willing to data log you a few times can dial the power in.All remotely done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was planning on going to zzp for the dyno tune i just havent been able to locate any thread on peoples expirence there and if it was worth it to get a dyno tune compared to trifecta or vtuner. im only a few hours from zzp which is why im looking into it.

·
Vendor
971 Posts
KOBALT is running a BNR EFILive tune. We dialed it in on the street and then he took it to get dynoed. We did not adjust it any once it got to the dyno so as to demonstrate what we were capable of with a street tune.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts