Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I recently became aware of an e85 fuel servo near home, and a mate of mine is running it in one of his race bikes.

I was wondering if we can run it in the 2014 SRi 1.6T ?

I rang the local Holden dealer and he didn't know about e85 but said e10 is ok (apparently is 'pretty much unleaded anyway.')

Can someone offer some assistance in this matter? Would it harm the engine/fuel pump/injectors?

Will is affect the factory warranty?

I have emailed customer support, and am awaiting a reply, however I thought I would ask around and see if anyone here has run it on their cars?

Thanks in advance!

Yoz.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
It has been my experience that I can run it up to a 50/50 mix. Anything else and without a proper tune and bigger injectors you could run lean at 4k rpm and above.

At least here in the new vehicles the only difference in a flex fuel vehicle and one that isn't FF is the ethanol sensor is not installed. The rest of the vehicle can handle e85.

I run it in my 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 at the same ratio and it runs great. Been running now for over a year.

I like the fact that it burns cleaner, keeping he combustion chamber cleaner. Not to mention it is lower in cost. $1.60 here where premium is $2.65 a gallon.

Yes, your fuel economy will go down unless you find the sweet spot on ratio mix and then it could possibly go up.

If it isn't a FF vehicle then it will effect the warranty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, very informative!

As soon as I hear back from the Holden Customer Service team I'll be sure to let everyone else here know.

I have seen something briefly about FF in aussie cars, but I think this might be an aftermarket option and again, could affect the warranty. Would be interested to find out!

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts