Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 cruze turbo
Who does e85 tunes?
My buddy just did an e85 on his Shelby and now I want to do it to my cruze.
What are kind of fuel economy are guys getting with the e85 tune.
And what do I need to get? Injectors a cable and a tune?

And good articles would be greatly appriciated

·
Registered
96 Posts
To answer the last part of your questions....go to the vendor slot, and go to Vermont Tuning. They have the conversion needed, to make the switch. I'll be doing mine, sometime, down the line as well.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Bad News Racing is the popular choice.

From what I'm understanding you'd just need injectors and tune to run E85 full time.

The better option (in my opinion at least), would be Flex Fuel setup. BNR sells everything you need as a kit, or you can come up with the items yourself. This option allows you to switch back and forth between E85 & Regular pump gas without having to completely empty your tank and switch tunes. It has a flex fuel sensor that automatically adjusts the tune depending on the percentage of alcohol in the tank.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Got his thing when farmers can make more money burning our food to feed some dang SUV then feed it to cattle, cows, chickens, and other dairy products, the prices for this need food has literally skyrocketed due to ethanol production.

And why in the hail is our state subsidizing this stuff. The may change once the sleeping Americans wake up, call these people green people, but that green is out of our pockets.

Screw ethanol, also highly corrosive and has a very strong appetite for plastics. Cheaper to buy an E-85 vehicle with the outrageous cost of replacement parts.

Son got a E85 vehicle, from what he told me instead of getting 28 mpg with ethanol dropped down to something like 17, said never again. Hear the same thing from the FAA guys forced to buy E85 from our green president. Tell me instead of getting 19 mpg with ethanol free, only getting around 11 with E85. Just taking their word on this.

Half of our ethanol plants in Wisconsin are breaking federal EPA regulations with emissions that are killing the locals, but the state says its okay, and even buying E10, really don't know what you are getting. Really no guidelines on this crap.

But sure getting robbed blind at the grocery stores, just look at the overall picture.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Back in the early 70's we were told all the oil pumps are going dry, talk about a worthless piece of crap, all of your vehicles, worthless without gas.

Today we are told, some 40 years later, there is huge surplus of oil, priced dropped to below 30 bucks a barrel. Blame that yo-yo stock market on this for the last couple of weeks. but more lies. Stocks are more of a supply and demand market. Billionaires, can dump their stocks, a bunch of them, greatly depreciating their value. Little guys panic they are going to drop to nothing, life savings and all that, sell to recover what little is left over.

Billionaires, can buy these stocks back at low prices and even make more billions.

Experts whoever they are, predict the price of crude is going to be low for the next one or two years, the big question for now, what is, how is this going to affect the price of ethanol production, is the government even going to subsidized this even more? Crystal ball sure doesn't work, need insider knowledge, is it a good idea to convert to E85 right now?

Really doubt if anybody knows for sure. Crude prices are never based on what it actually cost to extract it, strictly on supply and demand. Beginning to hate these people driving huge pickups and SUV's just to carry one or two passengers and they can't even park these dang things.

An idiot last night almost hit my baby Cruze, yelled at the SOB, watch where you are going, darn near hit my little baby. Just one AH in that big huge vehicle, and certainly not using it to haul anything trying to squeeze into a tight parking area.

Yep, price of gas drops a few cents, over surplus now of compact cars, and this big crap is selling like crazy. But for all they know, the price of crude could raise to 200 bucks a barrel tomorrow. This is exactly what happened back in the 70's. Couldn't even give away larger vehicles away for nothing.

One thing for sure, we do not know how to plan. No telling what this election this year will bring, but have green people running this country now, that may all change. Who knows?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts