Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't heard any rumblings about hidden easter eggs on these cars.... anyone know of any? I'm talking about holding a couple random buttons for a few seconds and then all of the sudden you have little goodies to play with.

My SRT8 had a few. If you held the audio mode and compass buttons on the steering wheel for about 5 seconds, it unlocked a whole 'nother information center screen with several menu's and gauges and such.

Another was holding the trip reset button for a few seconds until it displayed an hour meter. Yes, an hour meter!

Another was several modes of traction control depending on how long you pushed the button down.

Cool stuff from Chrysler.... So do we have any? :question:

·
Registered
277 Posts
What a cool idea; I hope there are some.

The only trick I've found so far is to wait for 3 months and a day, and the XM Radio switches to a cool "preview" station instead of the hundred+ annoying stations originally available. :idiot:

·
Registered
58 Posts
The GTO has a sub set of menus that you can access if you know how to get to them. Displays precise RPMs, fuel remaining, voltage, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cruze has one that is similar.

Another was several modes of traction control depending on how long you pushed the button down.
Tell me more about this one. That sounds similar to a rumor that went around with the GTOs that was completely bogus.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paging InsaneSpeed!

I agree. What you stumbled upon is how to admin rather than just be a user.
Yes, agreed. If it was meant for the end user it'd be in the owner's manual.

Regardless of original intent of their function, my OP was inquiring if anyone knows of any. Pretty sure all cars have 'some' to some extent, just some are more publicly known than others.

Insane - Do you have any knowledge of these on our Cruzes?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell me more about this one. That sounds similar to a rumor that went around with the GTOs that was completely bogus.
Tap it once, and it turns off traction control for straight line acceleration. Push and hold for a few seconds and it turns off ESP for more spirited driving where the yaw rate is ignored and it allows drifting, donuts, etc. (Not that anyone would ever do such activity!) :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Tap it once, and it turns off traction control for straight line acceleration. Push and hold for a few seconds and it turns off ESP for more spirited driving where the yaw rate is ignored and it allows drifting, donuts, etc. (Not that anyone would ever do such activity!) :)
Trailblazer is like that with TC and Stabilitrac... I haven't tried, but can only assume this one is, as well...

Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those are sports cars that have tide functions. The cobalt ss also had stuff like that but not on regular models. I highly doubt that the Cruze has anything like that.
Trailblazer? Chrysler 300? A big engine does not a sports car make.

The diagnostic menu could be beneficial to any level of vehicle, so I would not be surprised to find it on the Cruze.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The trailblazer has the traction control button just like every other GM car. You press it and it disables traction control. You hold it down and it disables stability control.

Again all GM cars have that. Only performance cars have the mentioned added features.

The Chrysler mentioned was an SRT8. Re read the posts son!

·
Registered
58 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.