Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
25,382 Posts
Eddy,

Is Donald Trump paying you rent to live in your head? :)

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well today is special Mike, more people have died today from the Coronavirus worldwide than any other day. Things are not getting better in Colorado either it seems, just saw the Governor.

·
Administrator
25,382 Posts
Worldwide COVID-19 deaths aren't close to the flu deaths this season in the US alone. They will very likely pass the US flu deaths but I doubt they'll pass the worldwide flu deaths. This is without a vaccine for COVID-19 and with a vaccine for the flu. It also appears some countries, especially Italy, have been blaming COVID-19 for deaths of anyone who dies of pneumonia or other respiratory failure, even when there's strong evidence that that person would have died anyway. This information came from the vice chair of Italy's Ministry of Health. Bottom line, flu is far more dangerous.

COVID-19 is new and dangerous, yes, but it's not nearly as dangerous as the flu. Like the flu, most people who get COVID-19 only have mild symptoms and require no medical intervention. Unlike the flu, it's happening in a much more compressed time frame and it spreads faster because the infectious period starts a few days before you have symptoms. It's the early infectious period that allows this virus to spread so quickly and is why quarantines of seemingly healthy people are the only way to stop the spread until we develop a vaccine.

Did you see the US's Director of Infectious Diseases, Dr. Faust yesterday? He said that COVID-19 has a chance of becoming an annual event. He also pointed out that so far less than half a dozen variants have been found in people, which indicates it can't change that much and still be able to bind at the molecular level to the human respiratory system. This is good news because it makes a single vaccine feasible, unlike the flu, which requires new vaccines for every strain.

·
Administrator
25,382 Posts
Interesting report out of Harvard Medical School. Infectious diseases are dangerous until you reach herd immunity, which is somewhere above 95% of the population but always below 100%. The specific number is different for each infectious agent. There are two ways to get herd immunity - vaccinations and people who have had the disease and recovered.

What this report said is that until we get herd immunity we'll have repeated outbreaks that will require localized social distancing (quarantine of uninfected people) to avoid overloading the local healthcare system. The problem with this is that without a vaccine, this technique extends the time it takes for herd immunity to develop naturally via infected people recovering from the disease.

Interesting tidbit - this means that when a vaccine is developed and widely distributed, Republican controlled Mississippi (the nation's poorest state) will have herd immunity before just about every state in the country, far sooner than California, New York, and Colorado (to name a few) that allow personal, non-medical related, exemptions to childhood immunizations. Mississippi only allows exemptions to immunizations if the child has had the disease or if allergic to the vaccine (such as eggs for the flu shot). The three states I named have had serious measles outbreaks over the last couple of years because they allow parents to claim religious and personal beliefs to not immunize. There are other states with this rationale that got lucky and didn't have measles epidemics.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
COVID-19 is new and dangerous, yes, but it's not nearly as dangerous as the flu.
Keep in mind the low death toll for flu is because we never outstripped our ability to treat everyone. But with COVID-19, we're getting enough seriously sick people at the same time that the hospitals are getting overloaded. When that happens, people die. Not from the illness but because we didn't have the resources to treat them. And when that happens, the morality rate for the event skyrockets.

Israeli doctor in Italy: We no longer help those over 60

U.S. Hospitals Prepare Guidelines For Who Gets Care Amid Coronavirus Surge

We're not trying to stop the pandemic - just slow it down to the point that hospitals can treat everyone until we have a better plan.

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did you see the US's Director of Infectious Diseases, Dr. Faust yesterday? He said that COVID-19 has a chance of becoming an annual event. He also pointed out that so far less than half a dozen variants have been found in people, which indicates it can't change that much and still be able to bind at the molecular level to the human respiratory system. This is good news because it makes a single vaccine feasible, unlike the flu, which requires new vaccines for every strain.
Dr Faust, don't know him? Have you or anyone you know been tested yet? How's your Safeway, they didn't have a bottle of water or any meat or a roll of T/P. Dozens of Doctors and Nurses are dying all over the World. All the figures Trump uses are not to be trusted, if you believe his crooked smirk and that strange way of speaking and slurping in air simultaneously I think you are very mistaken. 3 MILLION people filed for unemployment today, Millions more next week. Many of those jobs are not coming back, not coming back!

·
Registered
349 Posts
A few months ago in Hattiesburg Mississippi a tourist from New York ate at 3 restaurants and visited numerous stores while carrying active measles. The result? No spreading of measles to the public because we require a full set of vaccinations in order to attend even preschool with only medical exceptions by a licensed physician. We will also provide the shots from at cost to free depending on income at the county health departments.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Eddy,

Eddy,

If anything I’m sure him and every other politician will tax me to live in our heads then try to undercut us on rent.

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anything I’m sure him and every other politician will tax me to live in our heads then try to undercut us on rent.
Not Trump, he won't even rent to us Blacks!

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Not Trump, he won't even rent to us Blacks!

To be fair I don’t trust any politician to rent me anything. We trusted them to run the country and look how it’s ended up

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
This is a President who extended an official Hurricane Chart with a Black Sharpie
View attachment 286177
Correct me if I’m off point but you seem to really have it out for the president. Ever since I was a kid and studied government I could tell it was corrupt and filled with self entitled pricks. He is simply one more of the many, the government was moronic before him. Look how and the Katrina response was, and that was well before him.

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"There Will Be A lot of DEATH" this week said the President today, (3/4/2020) like this is acceptable? Just a month ago the Trump Virus was just a Hoax. The President ripped 3M today, oh and GM, well they just thumbed their nose at the President, no contract no products! Also since you mentioned Katrina, the Government had a Week to properly prepare Louisiana and the Gulf Coast. I was in Miami, hit hard by Katrina, and we were clearly shown the path it was most likely to take which it did. Trump is a Joke, the U.S. is a joke

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
"There Will Be A lot of DEATH" this week said the President today, (3/4/2020) like this is acceptable? Just a month ago the Trump Virus was just a Hoax. The President ripped 3M today, oh and GM, well they just thumbed their nose at the President, no contract no products! Also since you mentioned Katrina, the Government had a Week to properly prepare Louisiana and the Gulf Coast. I was in Miami, hit hard by Katrina, and we were clearly shown the path it was most likely to take which it did. Trump is a Joke, the U.S. is a joke
It’s easy to point the finger at Trump. Does he do asinine things yes. However all the elected officials are just as much to blame. We as a nation are highly addicted to the debt needle and refuse to pull it out and suffer the withdrawals we caused. They endorsed so much taxes that get stolen and wasted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts