Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Easy Performance Upgrades To do

19847 Views 24 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Cruzing12
I have a 2013 1lt Cruze. I am seriously sadden by its stock performance and really want to do as much as I can for 1k or so to at least make this car into something a bit more fun to drive and give it a bitmore horsepower. Any ideas friends?
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Get an intake, down pipe and tune and you’ll be good for a while !!
I have a 2015 Chevy Cruze and was wondering for the spark plug gaps what gap would you recommend? And once done would I have to retune ?
I had to change one to the oil feeds to my turbo to the right underneath the heat shield ( idk proper names but I know what I’m doing bare with me lol ) and I noticed the coil packs don’t have physical damage but are definitely causing a misfire for me , if you’re just getting the car I’d check everything by the heat shield cause the car runs stupid hot and bakes everything in the lines so check all around that area if there is sludge or anything coming from them just replace it , but definitely check around the heat shield , I had a small coolant leak my mechanic claimed to fix it but he did not , I later found out it was the coolant outlet on the right of the engine near the coolant tank but not on it I couldn’t fully blame my mechanic cause the part is plastic and it only leaked when the car had ran for a good hour or so and was hot same thing with my coolant tank it had a pin hole leak that only showed after a hour of use and high pressure sorry for the rambling but basically check around the heat shield if you have coolant issues check what I said about that the coolant out let and coolant tank and definitely replace your coil pack you gotta remember the car is rated for 300,000 miles buts it’s ridiculous cause 90% of the parts are rated for 150,000 so check all that then upgrade
See less See more
I'm new to the chevy cruz. Bought a 2014 cruz. This one has NO turbo. Which is odd by what I've read so far. I am looking at the post and decided to first address the plug and fuel issues. Codes said I need a speed-do and cam censor. Said I need a catalyst. I'm on a limb here. Catalyst to me is the cat converter? What is the difference if any? 2nd, if it's a cat then I feel I should do an intake,exhaust catless zzp. As for struts,shocks and tires, this baby rides extremely well. What is this everyone is referring to? Should I be of concern? Opening up an engines airflow exhaust etc, improves mpg, hp, and tork. It's an inexpensive fix in my opinion. Does anyone else have a cruz without turbo? This new ride only has 155k on the engine so now is the time to put so tlc in her and give her a face lift.... what do you guys think?
I'm new to the chevy cruz. Bought a 2014 cruz. This one has NO turbo. Which is odd by what I've read so far. I am looking at the post and decided to first address the plug and fuel issues. Codes said I need a speed-do and cam censor. Said I need a catalyst. I'm on a limb here. Catalyst to me is the cat converter? What is the difference if any? 2nd, if it's a cat then I feel I should do an intake,exhaust catless zzp. As for struts,shocks and tires, this baby rides extremely well. What is this everyone is referring to? Should I be of concern? Opening up an engines airflow exhaust etc, improves mpg, hp, and tork. It's an inexpensive fix in my opinion. Does anyone else have a cruz without turbo? This new ride only has 155k on the engine so now is the time to put so tlc in her and give her a face lift.... what do you guys think?

engine mods are a little farther and fewer between.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts