Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever buy key fobs on eBay? I just got mine delivered and it came with programming instructions. I came back from the dealer to get it cut ($20 CAN) and did the instructions and it all works, except for the remote start. Pressing it just pops the remote trunk. Anyone ever have this issue, or know of a fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep - the factory remote. I thought I was getting a deal at $20; going on Youtube to watch videos on how to program the keys there are tons of people in the comments saying how they paid $30-60 to get it cut, another $50 for the key itself, and also programming fees on top of that.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Factory remote start?

$20.00 to cut the key - highway robbery, mine was $2.00 plus tax at my dealer.
Blasirl-

$2.00 to cut the Cruze Switchblade key? Did you also buy the key blank from them, or did you bring them a remote and say please cut this?

I'm one state away, but often find myself in Wisconsin. It might be a road trip time. I read somewhere that the key machine to cut the flat switchblade keys is nearly $10,000. When the 2010's came out, my dealer was ordering keys from GM parts already cut, because they couldn't justify the cost of a machine.

That's a steal for a GM switchblade key...

·
Registered
68 Posts
if any of you are near a BatteriesPlus (now Batteries and Bulbs Plus or something like that), try them. I bought a key and had them cut it for a total of $60. Worked like a charm once we figured out how to program it to the car.

I don't have remote start so my remote may be a bit different.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
Blasirl-

$2.00 to cut the Cruze Switchblade key? Did you also buy the key blank from them, or did you bring them a remote and say please cut this?

I'm one state away, but often find myself in Wisconsin. It might be a road trip time. I read somewhere that the key machine to cut the flat switchblade keys is nearly $10,000. When the 2010's came out, my dealer was ordering keys from GM parts already cut, because they couldn't justify the cost of a machine.

That's a steal for a GM switchblade key...
I bought a "Just a Key" and had my Chevy Dealer cut it. They are the ones that also told me how to program it. So far they have been great for me. Lynch Chevrolet.

·
Administrator
12,105 Posts
Yep - the factory remote. I thought I was getting a deal at $20; going on Youtube to watch videos on how to program the keys there are tons of people in the comments saying how they paid $30-60 to get it cut, another $50 for the key itself, and also programming fees on top of that.
Depending on how long ago you bought it, I would contact the seller. Try and get a refund or at least a partial refund. If they want the key back, and the costs associated with this work, buy another one from Ali-Express (probably where your eBay seller bought them) and swap out the cut blade for an uncut one. Use XR's tutorial for that.

New Uncut 5 Button 433MHz With ID46 Chip Remote Control Key Fob for Chevrolet Cruze 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Read the fine print in this ad before buying: 2010- 2014 Cruze (Models WITHOUT Proximity Entry & WITHOUT Remote Start) - even though the remote has five buttons.

3 Buttons Replacement Remote Car Key Fob ID46 315mhz Fit For Chevrolet Cruze 2010-2015 Replacement Refit Car Key

Car Key Blank Uncut Blade For Chevrolet Cruze Buick Excelle Regal Lacrosse Remote Key (71#)

This one might be the correct one, just email the seller to get confirmation before buying. That way if it doesn't work, you can get a refund (or partial) without returning it.

5 Button New Replacement Flip Key Folding Remote Key Fob for Chevrolet Equinox Cruze 433MHz Uncut Blade

·
Administrator
12,105 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts