Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forgot to post about this the other day.

Driving to work, cruise control set at 72 mph, and all of a sudden I had absolutely no engine power. Reduced engine power showed on my display. I coasted to the side of the freeway (during congested morning traffic) and tried to restart. Nothing. Threw two codes before it died completely, both were related to the ECM. P16F3 and P062B. I tried to restart, nothing. My ultragauge stopped reading. I couldn't read or write to the ECM. I was towed to work (dealership) and gave it to my service advisor.

5 hours later, I had a completely new ECM since it was determined that my ECM suffered an internal failure, through no fault of my own.

Looks good in the rain though.

Side note, while my car did die in the rain and I got wet, a Michigan State Trooper pulled up and offered to help, mentioned how dark/illegal my tint was, and didn't write me a ticket.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Wow, that's a pretty new car...how many miles?

RIP, ECM

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
You know yesterday we had like an inch of rain in about an hour just downpours and I was at a stoplight and there was new cruze backing up traffic stopped at a stop light looked like the same thing the car just died and he could not go anywhere. I wonder if there is water or something getting into the electronics or something.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know yesterday we had like an inch of rain in about an hour just downpours and I was at a stoplight and there was new cruze backing up traffic stopped at a stop light looked like the same thing the car just died and he could not go anywhere. I wonder if there is water or something getting into the electronics or something.
same situation. pouring.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wow. My region of Michigan as been quite dry. I will see what happens on the way home.

·
Super Moderator
7,801 Posts
For some reason I thought you were running a tune?

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Glad you got a free ride to work. Yikes you have had your share of issues. It is a nice looking car. Did you loose your power brakes and steering? Glad no one got hurt.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,797 Posts
I like how in the image, there is an older Gen1 Cruze driving right by.
Black Bowtie, too.

Yeah - we've had some crazy heavy rains this summer, but incredibly isolated, too.

It hardly rains at all - but when it does, it seems to be under the impression it needs to be a hurricane.

Reactions: IndyDiesel

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad you got a free ride to work. Yikes you have had your share of issues. It is a nice looking car. Did you loose your power brakes and steering? Glad no one got hurt.
I lost everything controlled by ECM. weirdest thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts