Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Call your insurance company back and tell them to get an adjustor out to the dealership ASAP. That's a bullshit response from the insurance company. I highly doubt the ECM reprogram caused this. While I agree this is very likely a component failure your insurance company, GM, and the dealership need to work out who's paying for what. At most you should be responsible for at this point is your insurance non-collision deductible.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I also doubt the ECM reprogram had anything to do with this. Definitely seems like a mechanical failure somewhere that caused this. I'm waiting to see what the dealership says after they speak with the manager. I'll give insurance a call and see if they can get someone over there too. Oh and State Farm said they're afraid if I do make a claim, they'll drop me because I had too many Road Side Assistance claims recently - all pertaining to this car. Once for the negative battery cable recall, once for coolant leak with the water pump special coverage, and now here with the fire issue. Lovely.
Tell State Farm that you're trying to get this fixed so the car won't keep dying on the road. If you need to get your state insurance commission involved. Dropping for roadside assistance claims is bullshit - they pay more to find a new customer than they've payed in those claims.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
It's an insurance comprehensive claim then. Contact State Farm and let them split the cost with GM.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
That looks suspiciously like a short circuit caused fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts