Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for this info. I'm completing the purchase of a new eco at this time and going to have them do the install. Great job BTW.

· Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for this info. I'm completing the purchase of a new eco at this time and going to have them do the install. Great job BTW.
Ah...Maybe not. Didn't realize the injen also called for the front end to come off. The dealership was crazy on the install price as someone posted. You got me wondering though. Chevy loves to shut down the fogs when your high beams are on. This drives me nuts as it's when you need your fogs the most. Do yours shut down when going high? If so I'm going to mod.

· Registered
14 Posts
People driving with their fog lights on drive me nuts... because they use them as extra headlights, which they don't work for.

If you have your high beams on you are trying to light up down the road for some reason... if you are using your fogs you are trying to get light low and close (under the fog).

The two types of lights DO NOT work together to provide you any benefit, which is why GM shuts the fogs off when the high beams are on. I'd like to shoot out the fog lights on all the dumb SUV's I see around here running around with their fogs on all the time.

Please don't rig your car to have both high beams and fogs on.
I disagree totally. Your high beams are there to let you see in the distance. The second your light beams move up you lose all of that flood in front of you as well as to the side. A truck is a totally different story as my Silverado still maintains the front light while seeing far. But in my cars I lose light in the front when I go to high with OEM lights. All the fog lights do is give me the light back. And regardless of the drivers preference - your lights should never bother oncoming traffic. If this is happening their not adjusted correctly. If your purchasing the lights for fog they should be yellow anyway. When is the last time you saw that OEM? As far as that goes when was the last time you saw fog when someone's fog lights were on?

Reactions: Blasirl
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.