Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, ive been lurkin around here the past couple months after I bought my Cruze Eco 2011. I traded in my Hyundai Genesis coupe :frown: but it was almost necessary due to the amount of snow I recieve from being from Indiana, Pennsylvania. My name is Ross but you could have guessed that from the extreme amout of thought put into my username.. I just graduated college (Safety Sciences) and am out in the job market. Anyways back to the cruze..

I believe the color is called the ice blue (Baby blue)
- K & N drop in panel + resonater bypass
- Black plastidip bowties
- White plastidip wheels
- 2 12" kicker cvr + 2000w quantom audio amp (it seems to be an okay product)
- Tinted windows 18% all around (except windshield ofcourse)
- Red brake caliper

Future
- maybe cutout exhaust
- tune
- lower her down

Question:

Has anyone experienced a problem while idle where the temperature gauge starts to rise causing AC to shut off? It raised up about 3/4 of the way. Normal conditions when I drive it is just below the half mark. Any input on this would be great. It has happened a couple times.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
Hey Ross (i was cracking up at your intro)

First of all welcome to CruzeTalk! Post up some pics of your ride man :D

And i have never experienced this before, i am not sure if a thermostat can cause this, some of us have had to get that changed. The dealer can't figure it out? Are you still in warranty?

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

As for your problem it sounds like a faulty temperature sensor that will occasionally bug out and throw a warning code to kick the A/C off as an attempt to cool the engine down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that was an appropriate intro haha. Forgot to include I bought it used a couple months ago with 8000 miles on it. Here is a quick picture I took with my phone, it isn't clean yet so i don't wanna take any nice ones haha..

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Do not buy the color baby blue. It is a bird $hit magnet.

Nothanks needed:sad010::sad:

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
And I thought black was a bird magnet. For your engine temperature issue - while the car is sitting on level ground and has been off for several hours to let the engine completely cool down, take a look at the level of the coolant in the surge tank. If it's more than one rib below the tank weld seam, you need to add coolant. The full cold line is at the top of the arrow that points to this rib. NA Cruze Coolant Surge Tank Cold Full Line.jpg If it's at this line and you're still seeing temperature issues, I'd take it in to your dealership and have them look at it. One thing to be aware of, however, is that the Cruze uses a variable temp cooling system. When under load the car will drive the engine coolant temperature down, but when there is no load on the car it will allow the temperature raise. Also, the A/C is wimpy and when the engine is idling you can barely feel it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great thanks obermt ill check that out. Still have warranty too so ill probably call in to the dealer if it isn't just low coolant.. But I probably should either way cause it shouldn't use that coolant like that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Welcome Ross! I don't see Light Ice Blue very often, but I'm not sure if I've seen it on an Eco before. Very unique color, and it goes well with your wheels in white.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So finally got to the dealer for a look. Turns out the fuse and also a resistor in line popped causing fan not to run at all. Which explains only over heating at idle. Not while driving. Part is ordered and will be ready to go tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Glad to see your issue is resolved. By the way welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Welcome to the forums Ross! Very glad to see you had your issue resolved. By the way Blue Topaz Metallic like my car seems to attract birds also!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I don't think it's the color - it's a new car issue. Birds seem to recognize and target new cars. :(

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,359 Posts
I don't think it's the color - it's a new car issue. Birds seem to recognize and target new cars. :(
They really do. "Flying pigs" is what my grandpa used to call em.

I just washed both of the cars this weekend. It seems to have hurt the clearcoat a lot more noticeably on the grey one than the black. But they poop all over both.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I just washed both of the cars this weekend. It seems to have hurt the clearcoat a lot more noticeably on the grey one than the black. But they poop all over both.
I hate that - for the past few years birds were using my side mirrors as landing pads and crapping down the sides of my cars. For some reason this year I am not having that problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts