Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Having a lot of the same issues, so I took it into the dealer this past week and they couldnt find any problems (no surprise)... I've been a car fanatic since the early 80s (do my own mechanical work and mods) and there is no doubt in my mind that my ECO is having some issues. Here's what I have, 5700 miles:

1. Fuel mileage going down, averaging 35-36 now (6MT)
2. Occasional lack of power when pulling out, feels like the brakes are locked in a way - I also have to clutch the tranny and rev to get out of peoples way
3. RPMs drop way off when getting off interstate, to the point that the car feels like it is going to stall (drops to 500 rpm)
4. Hesitation/surges at constant throttle with AC off - this one irritates the crap out of me and happens anywhere from 2100 RPM to 3000 RPM very randomly. The worst thing is that I will get on the throttle, realize there is no power and let off, then get right back into the throttle and it responds fine.

Not sure what is causing this, but I'm going to give GM a couple more chances to find/fix before I get rid of this thing. I truly am worried about long-term reliability at this point...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been thinking of the trifecta thing myself, because I think the issue is related to fuel pressure and timing management by the ECM; however, I know that will void the warranty and when I look at the blue book on the ECO right now, I can actually come out ahead by trading it in. I do like a lot of things about the car or I wouldnt have picked it above the Elantra and Focus, but I refuse to accept "no problem found" for an answer - I am just hoping GM will figure out what the issue is and get it fixed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hopefully GM will step up and figure out what is going on; averaging 33.6 mpg this week and that's with 80+ miles of daily interstate driving with the cruise dead on the speed limit and 7 miles of city driving at 35-45 mph.

This sucks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.