Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
You're complaining about a lack of power and how slow the car is yet you claim you rarely rev the motor passed 2000 rpm? This isn't a big block that makes gobs of off idle torque, you've got to rev the motor up into its usable power band. Your motor is plenty capable of producing enough power to roll smoke off the tires all through 1st gear, you shouldn't have to worry about moving out into traffic...

I'm sure the hot summer weather has made the car feel a little slower than it did in early spring but you still need to wind the motor out if you expect the car to move.
Good points... I keep it below 2500rpm for normal driving, but if you need to accelerate, like on an on ramp or something, don't be afraid to wind it up a little. Once the turbo picks up some speed, the car will really move. Plus if you're fortunate enough to have your windows open, you're rewarded with the beautiful sound of the turbo spooling up. :wub:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's referring to you saying you walked a mid14 second car, not your mpg's or the other guys emotions...
Yeah, I know... I was being sarcastic. I'm not sure what's so hard to believe about a 10 year old overweight, old technology push-rod 4 speed automatic having trouble keeping up with a new lightweight steeply geared manual off the line? No doubt the dude could walk all over me on the freeway, but the 1st 2nd & 3rd in the M6 provides fantastic acceleration especially if you can keep the turbo spooled. Plus, thevoid doesn't even have a Cruze and wasn't there to witness... Again, you don't have to believe me. I won't be offended :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.