Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's referring to you saying you walked a mid14 second car, not your mpg's or the other guys emotions...
Yeah, I know... I was being sarcastic. I'm not sure what's so hard to believe about a 10 year old overweight, old technology push-rod 4 speed automatic having trouble keeping up with a new lightweight steeply geared manual off the line? No doubt the dude could walk all over me on the freeway, but the 1st 2nd & 3rd in the M6 provides fantastic acceleration especially if you can keep the turbo spooled. Plus, thevoid doesn't even have a Cruze and wasn't there to witness... Again, you don't have to believe me. I won't be offended :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah, I know... I was being sarcastic. I'm not sure what's so hard to believe about a 10 year old overweight, old technology push-rod 4 speed automatic having trouble keeping up with a new lightweight steeply geared manual off the line? No doubt the dude could walk all over me on the freeway, but the 1st 2nd & 3rd in the M6 provides fantastic acceleration especially if you can keep the turbo spooled. Plus, thevoid doesn't even have a Cruze and wasn't there to witness... Again, you don't have to believe me. I won't be offended :)
Taking data from http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-ch...cussion-forum/3118-eco-cruze-dragstrip-5.html :

Data___Cruze___GTP
60'____2.268___2.199
330'___6.488___6.248
1/8____10.054__9.648
MPH____70.01__72.44
1000'___12.87__12.56

Most likely, you caught the GTP at the bottom of second (about 38mph), which is a notoriously slow spot to race from, especially for an inexperienced driver. The numbers dont agree with your story otherwise.

The 1.4l needs a little bit more air (bigger turbo or serious intake/exhaust flow and charge cooling improvements) to take on a 3800 L67. However, being able to get so close with just a tune and intake is very impressive, not to mention getting twice the fuel mileage.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.