Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
:) Here is my new friend! Went over 60 miles to get what I wanted:
- ECO, MT, Taupe Gray Metallic, Jet Black Cloth Seat Trim, Connectivity Plus Cruise Pkg.
AWESOME!

Name: Mike
Car Info: ECO, MT,

Ext Color: Taupe Gray Met,
Int Color: Jet Black Premium Cloth,
CONNECTIVITY PLUS CRUISE PKG
Stock Options: XM, OnStar
Modifications: - not yet

Future plans: remote starter (hard to add for MT), Rear Bumper Cover Protector Guard, Smoke Window Visor Vent, Mud Flaps Splash Guard (?)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looks good. Congrats! You can really see how much of the grill is closed off in Pic# 2... lots more than the non eco Cruze.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's the exact car I ordered. Mine was expected to be delivered 10 days ago and has been sitting in Chicago since 2-2-11 acording to the dealer. I ordered the fog lights and am having those installed before I take delivery.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the exact car I ordered. Mine was expected to be delivered 10 days ago and has been sitting in Chicago since 2-2-11 acording to the dealer. I ordered the fog lights and am having those installed before I take delivery.
MT too? How did you get the fog lights for it? My dealer told me this is not available for this trim!

·
Registered
74 Posts
MT too? How did you get the fog lights for it? My dealer told me this is not available for this trim!
Mine will be a MT also. The lights are a dealer installed accesory. The dealer is charging me $130 for install. They definately haven't done me any favors on this car, I will never buy another vehicle or take it there for service.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, they really block off a good bit more of the main grill below the bow tie on the ECO compared to other Cruze models. I guess this also helps gas mileage.

·
Registered
73 Posts
that's almost the exact same model and options I'm looking at. Still deciding whether I want the Silver Ice Metallic instead (and if I can find one! probably going to have to order). Would be curious to hear what you think of the performance with the MT and what you paid. Haven't started negotiating with any dealers yet but curious to see how far towards invoice they were willing to bend. I think that config is about 19,4 msrp, 18,7 invoice.

Be sure to update us on the gas mileage too! Thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
that's almost the exact same model and options I'm looking at. Still deciding whether I want the Silver Ice Metallic instead (and if I can find one! probably going to have to order). Would be curious to hear what you think of the performance with the MT and what you paid. Haven't started negotiating with any dealers yet but curious to see how far towards invoice they were willing to bend. I think that config is about 19,4 msrp, 18,7 invoice.

Supply and demand might not work that well for you right now with the ECO. They are just really starting to get into dealers and interest is pretty good right now. You may have more leverage with having them give you a discount on add-ons like the fog lamp kit or a service package to get you back into their store regularly.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Talking about the gas mileage, I’m from Europe and I drove a lot with MT. Here is my first impression:
Driving at 60-65MPH on the highway I got the average consumption at 47.2MPG! Combined with city, for a total approx 100 miles, the average was 42.2 MPG. With my experience with MT I got easy familiar with the stick so I could use it maybe better than they are estimating to be used. The second speed is tricky, if you just rolling slow and pick the 2-nd speed, you may end stopping the engine. My other car has 5 speeds and the 2-nd it's playing different.

You are right about the prices: 19.4 and 18.7. Forget about negotiation with dealer. I have tried a few dealers and all told me that they are not open to give any additional deals than GM. I have another Chevy so I got the 1000$ for GM owner appreciations days (ending this month). I got another discount because my company is GM supplier. And finally I had 1200$ loyalty check from GM because of many problems that I had with my Chevy Aveo regarding the airbags (they worked 5 weeks to fix it!!!). I pus a bit when everything was ready to sign and I told to dealer that I want him to pay for the plates or I am going to another dealer who promised me that. Finally he gave me another 140$ back. Overall 18.1 out to the door. The best thing this dealer did is that he didn’t add any sticks with the dealer name on the bombers and neither the front bracket/plate.
I love the car and I think I did a good deal. The color is looking nice in the sun and also is good for dirty roads during the winter.
What I hate is missing the spare tire. If you have a flat is a 50-50 chance to be able to use the inflator kit. You may deform the rim or destroy the tire and what you are going to do? Call to tow your car instead of using the spare! I’ll fix this….. :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Supply and demand might not work that well for you right now with the ECO. They are just really starting to get into dealers and interest is pretty good right now. You may have more leverage with having them give you a discount on add-ons like the fog lamp kit or a service package to get you back into their store regularly.
And just imagine $4.00 USD a gallon gas. ECO will be the "hot" car and deals will be less until demand is satisfied.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's all about timing and patience for deals. End of month is a good time to try and take advantage of a salesman/dealership trying to hit specific numbers. That being said, I'm willing to be patient but a gas spike does have me a bit worried. It will certainly increase demand.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I got my dealer to match my corporate buying program discount, i got 1000 loyalty cash for the HHR i bought my mom in 06 and 500 auto show cash.

:D

·
Banned
1,123 Posts

REMEMBER- your dealer can SEARCH for the exact car you want and do a swap with another dealer. You DON'T have to wait to order one!

·
Registered
73 Posts
REMEMBER- your dealer can SEARCH for the exact car you want and do a swap with another dealer. You DON'T have to wait to order one!
way ahead of you. ha. I took home an Eco on March 5. Dealer couldn't get a trade going, so I went the 2 hours to pick it up myself.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
way ahead of you. ha. I took home an Eco on March 5. Dealer couldn't get a trade going, so I went the 2 hours to pick it up myself.
:eek: I didn't notice the date of your original posting. Since the dealer couldn't get the trade going, does that mean that you BOUGHT the car from the other dealer?

Anyway, hope you have good luck and enjoy many years of safe, HIGH MILEAGE, driving! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts