Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this done on Tuesday (5/12/15). My gas cunsumption has gone up. Is there anyway to have this recall undone?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just got this done on Tuesday (5/12/15). My gas cunsumption has gone up. Is there anyway to have this recall undone?

You mean you had the emissions recall done. Their is not pcm recall for the Cruze.

also it's only been a few days you can't really tell how much has changed in such a small window

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just concerned, drove from work to home, same route, same driving style, no traffic. Normally my gas needle moves a very small amount. Today it moved from half to 1/4. This is a 25 minute drive at 60 - 65 mph.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Just concerned, drove from work to home, same route, same driving style, no traffic. Normally my gas needle moves a very small amount. Today it moved from half to 1/4. This is a 25 minute drive at 60 - 65 mph.
Something else is going on. What other work was done? Was anything else changed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing else was done. I keep up with all the maintenance, I have driven this car the same as I have since the day I bought it. I promise you nothing has been done or changed aside from the recall.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
You are the first on the forum that indicates a change in mileage has possibly occured.

I paid attention to others that had the reprogram completed and there were no indications of mileage lost.....so, I had mine done last week.....a 2012 eco auto.

So far, there has been no change and the reprogram seems transparent to me.
If anything, because the reprogram is intended to lean the wide open throttle mixture, some might see a very slight improvement......those that drive the car in a spirited manner I'm referencing.

As far as what you are experiencing, OP, I'd say a good start is to fill it up and perform mileage checks based on fuel used/mileage accrued.....using the gauge is the least accurate method and provides no real world information.

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I will monitor after filling up. At this rate it will be tommorow. I'll reply here with the results, the only reason I was going off the gas gauge is because I have a pretty routine drive just about every day with the car and have been pretty much able to figure how much gas I have left or when I'm due for a fill up without having to look at the gauge. Normally after 5 days of driving to and from work, I'm at half a tank by Friday (today), but I'm just under 1/4 tank, and that's with taking a sick day on Monday, so I should really be over half.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
You are the first on the forum that indicates a change in mileage has possibly occurred.
If anything my mileage is up since the emissions recall. My 3 year average for May is 36.3MPG over 5500 Miles. Got the emissions recall done May 3rd this month so far my MPG is up!! Over 1300 miles since the emissions recall and my average so far is 38.2MPG.

This also eliminated the surging I would get at 29-30mph(1400RPM) in the city on a slight hill grade in M5 with the cruise set,this occurred on anything 91 octane or less. So far my tachometer there is no visible surging & none can be felt. Only time before my car ran this good in this scenario was on 93 octane. Haven't hooked up the torque app yet but suspect I will not see the knock sensor hits I was seeing before under these conditions either.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Sotokai, if I were you, I'd start poking my head under the hood looking for fuel leaks. I'm having a hard time beliving a car can burn that much additional gas without noticeable driveability changes. Either that or someone siphoned some gas.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Sotokai, if I were you, I'd start poking my head under the hood looking for fuel leaks. I'm having a hard time beliving a car can burn that much additional gas without noticeable driveability changes. Either that or someone siphoned some gas.
Who is to say the dealer tech didn't leave the car idling for some time? Doesn't take long to significantly effect your overall MPG. When I took my car in my tank MPG was at 42mpg on the DIC(over about 100 miles), got it back my DIC was at 30mpg!!! I did have my transmission fluid changed at the same time though so I assume they either idled the car or drove it to get to operating temps.

·
Administrator
25,036 Posts
I assume that any time I take my car in for anything other than an oil change that tank's fuel economy will easily be cut in half (42+ to 20 MPG).

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
I have a '13 1.4 1LT and have received the recall notice. What if I don't do anything?
In some states, you won't be able to re-register your car. There's a possibility, from a legal point of view, that it could invalidate and emissions warranty.

·
Administrator
25,036 Posts
In some states, you won't be able to re-register your car. There's a possibility, from a legal point of view, that it could invalidate and emissions warranty.
California definitely. Most likely in all the states that have the enhanced emissions program state wide.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Possible damage to cat. And yes loss of emission warranty. I highly doubt the cat will become clogged unless youre constantly WOTing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Interesting observation by SOTOKAI. I had the ECM recall done a week ago and my mileage dropped from 37.5 to 33.5, same type of driving as before. Same route, weather, gas, etc. I'll watch closely over the next month. '12 ECO, AT. 57.5K miles. It was a very noticeable reduction in MPG's.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Given some of the other comments, I would make sure not to judge based on the tank of gas that was in the car when it went to the dealer - too many opportunities for them to lower your MPG by letting the car idle. But the following tank of gas would be a concern. Likewise any trip MPG.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just had my 2012 cruze 1LT reprogrammed Thursday the 21st, and I had a full fuel tank when at the dealer,and I am here to reply that my mileage has improved quite a bit,also no surging while driving thru town,no hiccups with the a/c on,and best of all since Thursday I have only used an 1/8 of a tank of fuel.
my tech told me that the reflash benefitted the a/f ratio thruout the complete ecu paramiters,not just wide open throttle

1 - 20 of 64 Posts