Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the old days I was able to update, modify, or delete posts & threads for an unlimited amount of time, now its only a few hours. Any plans on restoring the old software

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was informed you get about 24 hrs to edit.
I've seen the Window go away in 2 Hours, unacceptable. All the Privileges we enjoyed in the past have been stripped from us. We have seen the traffic in this, one of the most amazing Forums I have been part of drop 20 X or 2000%.

·
Administrator
1,413 Posts
You should be able to edit your post for up to 24 hours. Near the timestamp at the top of the post, you should see an edit link if it is within that time limit. After 24 hours you would need to reach out to a mod/admin for assistance.

Time limits are used in order to preserve useful thread content, while also protecting the forum against spam. We have formulated the current times in a way to best prevent thread confusion and time gaps left vulnerable to spam.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have no Delete permissions for "Premium Members" under this new regime, up to a day to Edit or revise or post, all in the possibility that someone modifies or 'Spams' their own post. That sounds like B.S. to me, if an established member did this they should be removed, not to punish the entire group. There were 3 members logged on last night, we used to have a few hundred. There were 200 visitors last night, I've seen 20,000 here. Everything changed with the new software. I'm surprised we are still allowed to post links & pictures, those will be the next permissions to be removed. Happy Christmas

·
Administrator
1,413 Posts
Hey there,

We're actually working on building out further details and abilities for both editing and for premium membership benefits. We were hoping to roll each out before the new year, but both packages ran into their own set of bugs we're working towards resolving, such is custom development. Thanks for your patience as we work to build resolutions out for you, and we'll be continuing to post these, and other updates through our Release Notes page. Keep any eye out there to be best informed. :)

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something like this:

You can post new topics in this forum.
You can reply to topics in this forum.
You can delete your posts in this forum.
You can edit your posts in this forum.
You can create polls in this forum.
You can vote in polls in this forum.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,307 Posts
That's very strange....we also cannot report posts anymore, it seems.

·
Administrator
25,372 Posts
Click the vertical ellipsis and the bottom option is "Report". They've added so many options that they don't fit except on a menu.

·
Administrator
1,413 Posts
Haven't heard back from Gerrit yet but just came upon this Gem.

You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days
Apologies for not bringing forward this directly, but I did make sure to announce it through the release notes
Hope to have those more obvious down the line, so you don't run into those face first.

Edits and reports, and other additional options down the road will be available through those three dots next to the time stamp. :)
Let me know have any further questions.
-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Click the vertical ellipsis and the bottom option is "Report". They've added so many options that they don't fit except on a menu.
I definitely had clicked that, but found no "Report". Now I do. Hmm...

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Yup, it's there now, but I swear I clicked it last week and didn't see it. Maybe I didn't.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The previous setup allowed for unlimited deleting of posts (unless you were the O/P) and unlimited edits. This Forum is a work in progress and needs to be updated, revised, and corrected from time to time. You have eliminated all of this and much much more. This was the premiere Forum for the Chevy CRUZE, the new layout has decimated 80% of the forum traffic because it's cumbersome & hard to read

1 - 20 of 21 Posts