Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've been digging around on the site and I've been unable to find specific information regarding deleting the EGR. my daily commute is about to be changing from 115 miles to 5 and I feel like the car isn't going to respond well to being driven such short drives and having driven it so much I'm pretty much married to it being upside down as much as i am, plus i love my cruze diesel. I just want to keep it running right and I feel like installing the EGR block off plates are going to be a good start to that.

does anyone have info on the EGR delete, and has anyone done this using trifectas tune by unchecking the EGR boxes?

anything you have to share on the subject is appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
There's no EGR delete, you get the whole package. The good news is you'll really like it. My wife did the same thing, during the time we were having all the sensor issues she went from a job that put at least 60 miles on the car every day to one 3 miles up the road. The car tolerated it for 4 months before the first light came on and after that due to some issues with the dealer it got the full delete and race tune. Runs great now and no more CEL's.

If you can get the latest recall stuff done you might want to try it and see if it will work as long as it doesn't cost you anything. I think it was about 3 weeks from the time my wife got the last light until the car finnaly got in the shop, I would just turn it off. The dealer even did it once when they told here they would call when they had a loaner available.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I did a full delete months ago, and it was the best mod I've done to any vehicle I've owned. Modern EGR\DEF\DPF systems just don't work towards a long-lived and healthy diesel engine. To my knowledge, you won't find a tuner out there that will only tune out the EGR and offer a blocking plate to go along with it. Trust me, it's well worth the $1200 to do a full delete.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,

I've been digging around on the site and I've been unable to find specific information regarding deleting the EGR. my daily commute is about to be changing from 115 miles to 5 and I feel like the car isn't going to respond well to being driven such short drives and having driven it so much I'm pretty much married to it being upside down as much as i am, plus i love my cruze diesel. I just want to keep it running right and I feel like installing the EGR block off plates are going to be a good start to that.

does anyone have info on the EGR delete, and has anyone done this using trifectas tune by unchecking the EGR boxes?

anything you have to share on the subject is appreciated

thanks
I think lots of people done EGR delete. However, I do not think it is a good idea to do EGR delete.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
You're trading oxides of nitrogen for a clean intake and less abrasives in the combustion chamber.
Figure it's about 1/5 as bad as driving a pre-emissions semi (which you can't do in California any more).
Probably not a nice thing to do in the Los Angeles smog basin, but elsewhere...

·
Registered
287 Posts
EGR is beneficial in a very narrow band of areas in NA. For NOX to transform to smog its a chemical reaction including sustained heat and clear skys. I know people dont want to hear that but its true.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's also illegal under the Clean Air Act of 1990 and punishable by up to 5 years in jail and $2500 (I made up the 5 years, but the $2500 is true.) Just saying :th_coolio:

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's also illegal under the Clean Air Act of 1990 and punishable by up to 5 years in jail and $2500 (I made up the 5 years, but the $2500 is true.) Just saying :th_coolio:

Storing classified emails on a server in your bathroom is illegal too. What's your point? Letting an EGR wreck your diesel motor makes no sense even if you're the most liberal of eco-minded types: producing and shipping a new vehicle emits far more pollution than an EGR-deleted vehicle ever will.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Using an aerosol can in a manner not described on the label is illegal too. Just saying.

I can see where this is going, dont even try to make this into another anti delete war. These threads are always perfectly civilized until someone has to post some nonsense and get crap started and I think a lot of people on this site are quite sick of it. We’ve already lost members over this, leave it alone.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Storing classified emails on a server in your bathroom is illegal too. What's your point? Letting an EGR wreck your diesel motor makes no sense even if you're the most liberal of eco-minded types: producing and shipping a new vehicle emits far more pollution than an EGR-deleted vehicle ever will.
Another thing that always got me was with the def, nothing says environmentally friendly like producing and shipping massive quantities def, in plastic bottles wrapped in inked up cardboard, shipped on semi trucks that more often than not are billowing black smoke into the air, all to put this def on the shelf so people can buy it and think theyre saving the environment. Lol

But yes, an egr is a horrible thing for a modern Diesel engine. Those things literally hog up everything inside your motor.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Using an aerosol can in a manner not described on the label is illegal too. Just saying.

I can see where this is going, dont even try to make this into another anti delete war. These threads are always perfectly civilized until someone has to post some nonsense and get crap started and I think a lot of people on this site are quite sick of it. We’ve already lost members over this, leave it alone.
LOL... You can make this anything you want. I just made a statement about the legality of tampering with emission control devices. That is all.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Another thing that always got me was with the def, nothing says environmentally friendly like producing and shipping massive quantities def, in plastic bottles wrapped in inked up cardboard, shipped on semi trucks that more often than not are billowing black smoke into the air, all to put this def on the shelf so people can buy it and think theyre saving the environment. Lol
I agree. And that is why I fill my DEF at the truck stop. Quicker, cheaper, cleaner. And those trucks are using DEF also and using the max 15ppm diesel fuel also.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I agree. And that is why I fill my DEF at the truck stop. Quicker, cheaper, cleaner. And those trucks are using DEF also and using the max 15ppm diesel fuel also.
Yeah I try to fill up with the stuff from the pump when I can. I’m sure the truck drivers get a good laugh seeing a little Cruze parked at their truck stop filling up with def.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
justin13703
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing