Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hallo every one
im really so mad about how the EGR makes my engine dirty.
tody i decided to delete it for ever...but im still confused
after deleting the EGR (removing the whole tube and covering the both holes) do i need any kind of computer programming ? or any software flash ? (i don't use any kind of tune only a simple hole covering)
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,466 Posts
Absolutely need to tune it, yes, or you'll get a countdown to speed limitations - ultimately down to 5mph.

Nobody really does that anymore, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
you need a delete tune to compensate for the lack of egr

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Yes.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
We used to, but delete tunes are incredibly difficult to find anymore due to last year's major EPA crackdown.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We used to, but delete tunes are incredibly difficult to find anymore due to last year's major EPA crackdown.
one of my friends told me its better to programme CPU to ignor the EGR than deleting it
what do you think ?

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
one of my friends told me its better to programme CPU to ignor the EGR than deleting it
what do you think ?
If you're going as far as buying a tune to ignore it, you may as well fully remove it and get the full benefit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you're going as far as buying a tune to ignore it, you may as well fully remove it and get the full benefit.
i wanna fully remove it but the question is
if a remove it should i re-programme or flash the CPU ?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Like this one ? do i need any kind of CPU programation after deleting the EGR ?

View attachment 288863
i cant make out what flag is under your name, so cant be sure of your grasp of the english language

but, for the 1000th time.....the computer needs to be programmed to allow for you removing the egr valve

that programming is illegal, good luck finding it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i cant make out what flag is under your name, so cant be sure of your grasp of the english language

but, for the 1000th time.....the computer needs to be programmed to allow for you removing the egr valve

that programming is illegal, good luck finding it
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
The Cruze is heavily designed for EGR. I recommend not removing it. The engine just can’t produce enough heat without it. Not safely anyway.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Cruze is heavily designed for EGR. I recommend not removing it. The engine just can’t produce enough heat without it. Not safely anyway.
i totally agree with you about the role of EGR in heatinf engine and making it hot ennough
but some owners didnt report any issue after removing it
what do you think ?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
i totally agree with you about the role of EGR in heatinf engine and making it hot ennough
but some owners didnt report any issue after removing it
what do you think ?
The number of deleted Cruzes is insanely small. So I have no idea. There may have been problems.

But when we looked into it we deemed it too unsafe to continue. Without the EGR we can’t keep the heat in the engine. The only option is to make the engine run significantly hotter than stock. That is trading one problem for another. Too many unknowns. And people just wanted it to bypass emissions, so we stopped developing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The number of deleted Cruzes is insanely small. So I have no idea. There may have been problems.

But when we looked into it we deemed it too unsafe to continue. Without the EGR we can’t keep the heat in the engine. The only option is to make the engine run significantly hotter than stock. That is trading one problem for another. Too many unknowns. And people just wanted it to bypass emissions, so we stopped developing.
i respect your opinion . i will not delete it :)
thank you very much sir

1 - 18 of 18 Posts