Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on purchasing the Eibach lowering springs for the cruze and in curious how the ride quality is with them installed. I've used Eibach products on previous vehicles and have liked the rude quality but I want to see what others who've installed the kit think.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Alot of people seem to think our cars are perfect for track or autocross. Many say the springs and coilover kits really give the Cruze a bump in it's already high stability.

Just be sure to get your car re-aligned after installation, unless someone can verify it's not necessary? Which I wouldn't believe.. lol.

·
Registered
481 Posts
bump!

also interested, can some one also tell us what the final ride hight is from the ground?, id like to know what the clearance is.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I actually just had the Eibach pro-kit springs installed last Wednesday on mine. I think the ride is great, and I will do my best to describe.

Normal driving, mainly smooth road with no huge bumps or potholes it feels about stock. It is hard for me to tell the difference, and I will have to ride in my girlfriends Cruze to ensure, but it really feels about the same. After spending over 30k miles in my car I didn't drive it and say "wow that's stiffer" till I hit an unusually big bump in a constriction zone. And it's actually hard for me to really tell the difference, in normal driving. So larger bumps, yes it is stiffer but for me, totally tolerable. And it feels stiffer in corners, for example taking roundabouts semi fast, it feels much more solid and flat.

Ill take you for a ride if you want!

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good Derek! Next AZ meet ill check it out!

·
Administrator
15,614 Posts
What are you hoping to achieve with lowered springs? If it's handling, there are a variety of modifications (such as strut tower bars and a rear sway bar) that will improve handling and cornering ability much more than lowered springs will. For performance purposes, lowered springs should not be the first item on your list, but the last one; and only if you are not satisfied with the car's handling ability after you've made other upgrades.

If it's for looks, there's no argument there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At this point I'm just going for appearance, it's a daily driver so I don't wanna get to crazy with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts