Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have broken off one of the small plastic clips that keep electrical connections secure when working on my 2013 2LT. Any ideas as to any type of wrapping to keep it from working its way loose? I heard electrical tape isn't a good choice because of heat and I don't want anything that would harbor moisture. I changed my water outlet yesterday and all went well but the connector that plugs into the lower part of the outlet has a tiny retaining clip and it snapped off. Maybe friction tape?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I have broken off one of the small plastic clips that keep electrical connections secure when working on my 2013 2LT. Any ideas as to any type of wrapping to keep it from working its way loose? I heard electrical tape isn't a good choice because of heat and I don't want anything that would harbor moisture. I changed my water outlet yesterday and all went well but the connector that plugs into the lower part of the outlet has a tiny retaining clip and it snapped off. Maybe friction tape?
If you go to an auto or hardware store you'll be able to find tape that is high temp rated and won't melt off like plain electrical tape.

·
Registered
457 Posts
But you said, "I have broken off one of the small plastic clips that keep electrical connections secure." If you mean that red, blue or green clip that slides into the connector, that's there just as a secondary latch. It's absence won't let the connector come loose. It's called a terminal assurance clip and you might be able get one from the dealer paying $2 for something that should be 10 cents but you might have to buy a pack of 10.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts