Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my name is tim I own a 14 cruze eco with a 6 speed stick! i love this car but he recent electrical issue I cant tackle let me give you a little background on the issue.
it started out being a issue with the cig lighter it would turn on and off by itself while it made a clicking noise from the relay on the inside fuse panel I said ok not a huge issue I will get it in next oil change to get looked at well it got worse! then the radio and ac started turning on and off then the airbag light started blinking so I said time to go in the shop well my mechanic checked all the wires grounds etc and said they were good he checked the check engine light. he told me it was the body control module ok fast forward today it finally came got it programmed $375 later ..... relay is still clicking check engine light came back on! tachometer is still freezing here and there! turn signals are slow to respond.

also helpful fact the relay is the one in the interior top right corner I believe its c2 location
anyone ever have this issue?
any knowledge would help me out I am getting the CEL pulled tomorrow to see if that lends a clue

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
hello my name is tim I own a 14 cruze eco with a 6 speed stick! i love this car but he recent electrical issue I cant tackle let me give you a little background on the issue.
it started out being a issue with the cig lighter it would turn on and off by itself while it made a clicking noise from the relay on the inside fuse panel I said ok not a huge issue I will get it in next oil change to get looked at well it got worse! then the radio and ac started turning on and off then the airbag light started blinking so I said time to go in the shop well my mechanic checked all the wires grounds etc and said they were good he checked the check engine light. he told me it was the body control module ok fast forward today it finally came got it programmed $375 later ..... relay is still clicking check engine light came back on! tachometer is still freezing here and there! turn signals are slow to respond.

also helpful fact the relay is the one in the interior top right corner I believe its c2 location
anyone ever have this issue?
any knowledge would help me out I am getting the CEL pulled tomorrow to see if that lends a clue
Original battery? Start there.

Next check out negative battery cable ground...causing lots of issues just like you're experiencing.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-g...al-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.html

Reactions: obermd and Tomko

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Is the car still under bumper to bumper warranty? (3 years/36,000 miles from first sale).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys
The battery is about a month old because the original battery was dead after a little over two years. I am going to hit the dealer tomorrow and see if I can grab a new negative cable. Unfortunately I am a contractor for uber/lyft/and Amazon so the clock is currently sitting at 126k
I checked that tsb the cable is covered to 120k just my luck!
This would make sense about the battery going dead early because I had a vw Jetta 6 years never replaced the battery this after two years gone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.