Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I have a 2013 cruze LT. Friday, I was driving home from work, and basically every single idiot light came on. Service stabiltrac, service power steering, service battery charger system. My blinkers stopped making their noise. Then the engine cut off at a stop sign. I was able to push it into a nearby lot, thankfully, and while I waited for my ride home, I came across this site. So, after finding several issues like mine, I replaced the negative battery cable with an AC Delco cable.

The issues are still going on, and I'm at a loss right now. To specify, I have to basically jump the car, and after leaving the car running (unhooked from the jumping vehicle) for five minutes, the service lights come on, and the engine shuts off.

The closest dealership is 55 miles away, and I honestly don't have the money to get it towed there.

The car will not drive anywhere. I live five blocks from where it's parked, and if I try driving it home, it might make it three blocks (if I'm really lucky) and will shut off with very little warning on the busiest road in town, so I can't get it to a shop, or parts store for diagnosis.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,677 Posts
Hey everybody. I have a 2013 cruze LT. Friday, I was driving home from work, and basically every single idiot light came on. Service stabiltrac, service power steering, service battery charger system. My blinkers stopped making their noise. Then the engine cut off at a stop sign. I was able to push it into a nearby lot, thankfully, and while I waited for my ride home, I came across this site. So, after finding several issues like mine, I replaced the negative battery cable with an AC Delco cable.

The issues are still going on, and I'm at a loss right now. To specify, I have to basically jump the car, and after leaving the car running (unhooked from the jumping vehicle) for five minutes, the service lights come on, and the engine shuts off.

The closest dealership is 55 miles away, and I honestly don't have the money to get it towed there.

The car will not drive anywhere. I live five blocks from where it's parked, and if I try driving it home, it might make it three blocks (if I'm really lucky) and will shut off with very little warning on the busiest road in town, so I can't get it to a shop, or parts store for diagnosis.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

I would start by making sure all of the grounds are good to go and then consider splitting the engine fuse box to see if there is corrosion on any of the pins. While you are there you can pull the ECM plug just to look at the connections.

Service Bulletin - NHTSA SB-10057574-8899
Clean the Terminals
Extra stuff:
How-To: Installation of the Big 3 Cruze Kit
Cruze Battery Upgrade Options

If any corrosion is present on the connecters, use a plastic or possibly brass brush with some contact cleaner to remove it. Once done, spread a light coat of dielectric / silicone grease on the connectors.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well, first off if you don't have much money taking it to a dealership is probably not going to work out well for you. Nearly any shop should be able to fix your problem.
First step, the battery. First charge it, then have it tested. Autozone claims they will do both for free. I'm going to go way out on a limb an guess its the original battery. If it is you got extremely lucky it lasted this long, you will need to get a new battery if so. Blasirl gave you some really nice links for this. I recommend getting the H5 Everstart from Walmart. This might fix your problems. If not, it might just be bad grounding. Been seeing a few cases of bad grounds causing similar issues on the forums lately. Or it could be the alternator, but the car basically needs to run check it. Hence taking care of the battery issue.
You could get lucky, but if the problem isn't apparent you are going to need to buy a multi-meter to track it down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts