Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, im new here, own a chevrolet cruze 2009 model, 1,6l, facing an issue though with my cars abs(?) or just electronics (?). Every time i turn the engine on there are no indications on the board which is normal but when i turn the wheel ( either left or right) i hear a bell and different indications pop up even when the car is parked! (Tc, slippery road, abs, as pictured)

Any thoughts pls?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd guess that after 7 years, the wires for the ABS sensors in the front wheel are broken. Wires can flex only so many times before they break. When wires break, they can "work" and "not work" when flexed.

Reactions: obermd

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
I'd guess that after 7 years, the wires for the ABS sensors in the front wheel are broken. Wires can flex only so many times before they break. When wires break, they can "work" and "not work" when flexed.
It only takes one of the ABS sensors to go out, so check both.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
It only takes one of the ABS sensors to go out, so check both.
Maybe even all four, where are you from? Road salt country?

Just because some Standford professor received a US grant to do a statistic study on ABS, and this AH said it was 14% safer with another bunch of AH's in Washington DC voting this into law, we are now stuck with this POS. Generic scanners won't even show ABS codes because they lie like crazy saying they don't want to accept the liability for a system that we are told a bunch of lies on that doesn't even affect normal braking.

Okay for any idiot to do a brake job, but not fool with ABS. And they lie because a shorted transistor or a stuck valve can completely block braking to that wheel. Hate living in a country loaded with dirty filthy liars and sure have a bunch of these. And insurance companies eat this BS up and can even avoid a claim of that ABS light is on!

If one wheel is on a good fictional surface the other on glare ice, doesn't make a dang bit of difference if the spinning wheel is pulsed or not. More lies. More expense for the owners. With my kids, their driver's tests were canceled because there was an eighth of an inch of snow on the ground.

Would really like to kick those guys in the butt with the Cruze, can't run a wire out to hot wire the ABS pump anymore, dealers are complete AH's won't even follow the shop manuals advice with their way overpriced scanner to activate this pump for proper bleeding, get air locks in there. After these AH's F up my car, took four vacuum attempts to finding get a full brake pedal again. Sick of dealing with AH's, not only the dealers, but our congress as well. Traction control that kills the engine is one of the dumbest things I ever ran into, but at least you can turn the darn thing off if you read that stupid owners manual.

Poor materials used in that toothed gear to trigger was is a tiny bar magnet with a few turns of wire on they charger an arm and a leg for. Those teeth get loaded up with rust, ferrous oxide and won't pulse at all, a bear to clean. Then dumping tons of salt on eight inches of snow because they claim they have no place to put it.

And you wonder why we have problems. Also cancel driver's training in our high schools with a spec of snow on the ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts