Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruze is wearing quicker then i really would like( car is 3 years and 7 months old, only 35,000 miles), my steering wheel is worn down on the top(its the leatherette material or whatever its called). and my front and rear emblems are peeling. my question with the steering wheel is that, i know 5th gen camaro steering wheels work, but will the steering wheel controls still work and do the cruze's airbag and center piece fit on the camaro steering wheel? also on the emblems i have attached pictures, has anyone else had this issue? and can anyone suggest an adhesive that would dry clear and not look like crap. i am considering covering the emblems with a vinyl kit but id like them to still look nice in case i sell the car. any feedback would be appreciated thanks a bunch.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
If your Cruze has the same stuff as the new wheel, it is plug and play. If your Cruze does not have the cruise control for instance, The wheel will fit, but those particular controls are only along for the ride. The air bag is the same as well.

The emblems can be bought on eBay for cheap, but I would try a bit of clear silicone myself first. They are a pain to get off. If you do, use a heat gun. As for your original steering wheel, just buy a suede cover from Menards or some other such place for a few bucks for now.

Steering Wheel Cover.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my cruze has cruise control and radio controls so it should all be fine. i do not like steering wheel covers at all, so ill probably go for a nicer wheel that wont wear like this. As for the emblems im going to see if i can get them to stick with an adhesive, silicone isnt a bad idea im just worried it will look weird between the clear part and the gold piece. if it wasnt so expensive id get everything to swap it to a holden, but i dont want to hack up the bumper.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My front emblem is completely gone, it started to bubble last winter and one day while driving home they were using the anti ice slurry they use in Canada, at least Ontario and the next morning it was gone. I did buy the new stickers and yes from eBay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts