Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a chrome sample on ebay for 2.99. enough to do one emblem. Wanted to make sure i liked it first. Gonna look at it for a week and figure it out. Either way i have to redo it for a couple reasons. Was my first time ever dealing with this stuff not that it was hard or anything.

First issue i left the clear on to prevent scratches as ive been told the chrome scratches very easily and wont last as long as regular colored overlay..When i pulled the clear off it seems it pulled off some of the chrome or something. Their is a foggy patch on the bottom right. So that dissappointed me i think it was a defect in the finish...Any way i could have done this? If not im gonna see if ebay guy will send another.

2nd issue i had was when i razored it i did it as far as i could toward the chrome outline of the bowtie emblem if that makes sense. Cause there is a little gap between the gold and the chrome outline. So i razored closest to the chrome outline which left a little lip of overlay inbetween which i thought would just fold over to ensure i covered all the gold. It kept popping up so i had to go back and try to razor off like a 1 milimeter strip around the whole thing lmbo. Didnt work so well left it a little uneven looking.Maybe if i pulled out the hair dryer i could melted it down around the edges? but i figure the next time i do it i will razor closest to the gold part and keep the first perfect str8 edge.

I was debating on doing chrome or the color of the car electric blue but i think i like the chrome b/c its gonna go nice with the chrome handles i got coming in...

So let me know what you guys think or if you have any tips for me that would be awesome. Check out the pics. Didnt come out too bad if the smudged bottom right corner wasnt defected. But im not happy with my cut job either as i stated looks a little messy and will redo. Even though you cant really notice unless i point it out. Even the smudge you cant really see from like 5 feet away.
View attachment 112538 View attachment 112546 View attachment 112554 View attachment 112562 View attachment 112570

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also i dont know how long the chrome will last. Its already not quite as shiny as the chrome bar underneath but you cant really tell. But i wiped it down with an undershirt after and made a scratch along the whole thing lol

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow.. I just looked at my pictures zoomed up. Looks terrible hahahahha...looks so much worse in 1080 HD zoomed then it does in person. You really dont notice the bad cut job hahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts