Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From time to time shows "Emergency Cancel" on my radio on Chevy Cruze 1.6 LS 2010year. If I press anything on my radio it dissapears or if I don't touch the radio for a couple of minutes. Its on my 61200km and it started first time on around 59000km. Does any one knows what could it be. I don't wanna go to the dealer for now because it's far away from my town. Car Vehicle Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Multimedia

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Looks like a menu with the option to cancel. Not sure what triggers it. It's clearly a non-North American system, so I don't know where to find the owner's manual, but there should be something there.

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
disconnected the battery and this is the radio security mode?
I'd think that would be "Security" not "Emergency".

I think some radio systems support emergency alert notifications. Sort of like our RDS system. Perhaps the radio station sent an alert? Or perhaps a test alert?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is nothing in the users manual. It's European car not an USA. I'll turn off RDS system on radio tomorrow and write back I anything changes. When "emergency" shows on my radio the volume turns louder around 20.

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
When "emergency" shows on my radio the volume turns louder around 20.
That sure sounds like an emergency alert broadcast function. It may be worth calling the station you're listening to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I changed all spark plugs, because they must be changed on every 30 000 km. It was time to change them. So far after driving a couple of hundred kilometers in town nothing is showing so far. If anything change I'll write.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts