Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a call from my dealer. Bought my car two weeks ago, checked my onstar account and it showed a water leak recall. Found it funny that the dealer would release a new car with open recalls but i digress.

The dealership tells me that my car has 2 more recalls, one where the front camera or cameras can freeze for 30 seconds at a time leaving the car no feedback which may lead to collisions. The last recall being a seat weld failure where a weld can fail or something and the seat doesnt hold up to a crash. Of note, my car when you sit in the seat it has a clunk sound and is loose to pull on......

Thought i left the lemon behind but it seems i found another. One.

Anyone else have these recalls?

2016 premier

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
7,738 Posts
I'm somewhat doubtful that the noun <recall> is being used correctly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If the water leak you are referring to is the center high mount leaking that was not a recall and no were on the letter i received from gm does it state a recall.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,005 Posts
Just re-checked - I've only got the one for the stop light that I haven't had done yet as there's no water in my trunk. Also Premier. What's your build date?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have to hand it to GM though. In the past (80s maybe even more recently) recalls were rare. It was the same for other automakers. They just pretended nothing was wrong and let the customers foot the bill. My 2010 Equinox had various recalls/warranty extensions ranging from rust on the doors to timing chain tensioner/oil pump. The latter wasn't even a safety issue and they could have ignored it and stiffed owners. I think their actions like this help build customer confidence and is a show of goodwill. They got a return customer from me.

Cars are complex machines and they don't always get things right.
Recalls are a PITA, but I'd rather have them own up to the issues than ignore them.

·
Banned
5,649 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,096 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,005 Posts
I'm somewhat doubtful that the noun <recall> is being used correctly.
They have reorganized the website so it is a bit confusing. I believe they are extended warranty/service campaigns rather than NHTSA (or whatever you Canadians have up yonder) recalls.

This is how the Chevrolet lookup shows things. However, at least this one is not an actual recall listed there, nor does it show on the NHTSA site as an eligible recall for my car.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1485968084.028856.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Was the op car assembled in lordstown or Mexico? Just curious.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm waiting to take my car in for the water leak and the oil leak for turbo return line. By the way nothing is leaking but they still have to replace the parts. I just saw on my chevy app I have one for the seat now. Which doesn't surprise me as my seat back does move some on the drivers side.

·
Banned
5,649 Posts
You missed the most important link found on My Chevrolet, the very popular CRUZE forum!
Chevrolet Cruze Owners, Chevy Cruze Owners, Chevrolet Cruze Forum, Chevy Cruze Forum

45 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 45 guests, 0 anonymous users (See full list) vs us:

CRUZETALK

Currently Active Users

There are currently 8291 users online. 155 members and 8136 guests

1 - 17 of 17 Posts