1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Details???

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
Well I looked and they haven't put any new versions out, probably because they are slow. Depending on what "reprogramming the ECU" entails it'll likely break a tune if you have it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
No parts available at this time but they're going to replace NOx position sensor and reprogram the ECU . I haven't had any problems yet but I know some others have had issues
@Sperry , have a link for your source of info???

·
Registered
373 Posts
No parts available at this time but they're going to replace NOx position sensor and reprogram the ECU . I haven't had any problems yet but I know some others have had issues
yeah...I just received today a letter from GM saying that "my vehicle is involved in Emission Recall 15594", basically on some 2015 model year soot may build up on the engine's oxygen and NOx position 1 sensor causing the vehicle Check Engine Indicator to illuminate. Currently parts are not available but they're working as quickly as possible to correct this condition.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well I looked and they haven't put any new versions out, probably because they are slow. Depending on what "reprogramming the ECU" entails it'll likely break a tune if you have it.
Im thinking this reprogramming has been available for a while now, but just not as a recall. One of the times my emissions had issues, they reprogrammed the ECU. I looked into it and it was specific for an emissions CEL coming on and causing a count down. Seemed to have fixed my issues.. at least it has been good for some months now.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I checked the NHTSA web-site and there's nothing there. I don't know how to check Transport Canada for recalls. So far this appears to be limited to Canada for right now.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Interesting. This means that all of you subject to the recall that have paid out of pocket should be able to get reimbursed, I would imagine. Anyway, this is a good sign. It shows they are working to make the emissions system more reliable in varying driving conditions.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I checked the NHTSA web-site and there's nothing there. I don't know how to check Transport Canada for recalls. So far this appears to be limited to Canada for right now.
I just checked the Transport Canada page and nothing is listed yet.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
I checked my vin on GM global connect and no recalls on my 15 CTD. can y'all send me the last 8 of your vin, im curios to see if they have recalls

·
Registered
791 Posts
yeah...I just received today a letter from GM saying that "my vehicle is involved in Emission Recall 15594", basically on some 2015 model year soot may build up on the engine's oxygen and NOx position 1 sensor causing the vehicle Check Engine Indicator to illuminate. Currently parts are not available but they're working as quickly as possible to correct this condition.
got the same today as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I'll let y'all know if I get one too - but in this cold my wife only checks the mail once a week or so.

Reactions: Canadian Cruzer

·
Registered
791 Posts
I just noticed.....an it says......This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Canadian environmental protection act.
so time will tell if the u.s. does something similar.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd go to my.chevrolet.com and put in the VIN. You might need to create an account. It will show not just recalls, but any extended warranties.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Given how diesels are under a microscope by the EPA it wouldn't surprise me to see GM issue the same recall in the US.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
No parts available at this time ...
Given how diesels are under a microscope by the EPA it wouldn't surprise me to see GM issue the same recall in the US.
If they haven't got enough parts for the Canadian recall, they might not be too quick with the US one.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.