Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emission Recall

35K views 105 replies 34 participants last post by  diesel 
#1 ·
No parts available at this time but they're going to replace NOx position sensor and reprogram the ECU . I haven't had any problems yet but I know some others have had issues

#2 ·
Details???

#6 ·
Im thinking this reprogramming has been available for a while now, but just not as a recall. One of the times my emissions had issues, they reprogrammed the ECU. I looked into it and it was specific for an emissions CEL coming on and causing a count down. Seemed to have fixed my issues.. at least it has been good for some months now.

#5 ·
yeah...I just received today a letter from GM saying that "my vehicle is involved in Emission Recall 15594", basically on some 2015 model year soot may build up on the engine's oxygen and NOx position 1 sensor causing the vehicle Check Engine Indicator to illuminate. Currently parts are not available but they're working as quickly as possible to correct this condition.

#7 ·
I checked the NHTSA web-site and there's nothing there. I don't know how to check Transport Canada for recalls. So far this appears to be limited to Canada for right now.

#9 ·
I just checked the Transport Canada page and nothing is listed yet.

#8 ·
Interesting. This means that all of you subject to the recall that have paid out of pocket should be able to get reimbursed, I would imagine. Anyway, this is a good sign. It shows they are working to make the emissions system more reliable in varying driving conditions.

#15 ·
I'll let y'all know if I get one too - but in this cold my wife only checks the mail once a week or so.

Reactions: Canadian Cruzer
#19 ·
Given how diesels are under a microscope by the EPA it wouldn't surprise me to see GM issue the same recall in the US.

#20 ·
No parts available at this time ...
Given how diesels are under a microscope by the EPA it wouldn't surprise me to see GM issue the same recall in the US.
If they haven't got enough parts for the Canadian recall, they might not be too quick with the US one.

#24 ·
i am trying to figure out why they bother to send a letter to tell you they don't have parts yet. Seems like a waste. i would think they would send out the letter when they are ready to fix it.

#25 ·
With the speed of the internet, companies are being forced to send out recall notices before parts are available. This sounds to me like GM TAC and Engineers have been working hard to figure out how to make the emissions system in the CTD rock solid.

#28 ·
Got the recall notice for both mine here in Canada as well. I hope the modified calibration helps or possibly its a revised nox sensor? Both of mine have had the nox sensor replaced at least 1x as well as other sensors.

#30 ·
Interesting. Every recall notice I ever received in the past was basically "bring your car in and we'll fix it"

Reactions: plasticplant
#34 ·
Just got a letter in the mail today regarding this. As others have posted, says no parts are available but I'll get another letter when they are and they install it and program the ECM. I have the Trifecta tune and am not sure if their tune has accounted for this new reprogram or not. I'll have to get in touch with them and see. Here's a scan of the letter that Canadian Diesel owners will likely receive.
Text Font Document Line Paper

#35 ·
Just got a letter in the mail today regarding this. As others have posted, says no parts are available but I'll get another letter when they are and they install it and program the ECM. I have the Trifecta tune and am not sure if their tune has accounted for this new reprogram or not. I'll have to get in touch with them and see. Here's a scan of the letter that Canadian Diesel owners will likely receive.
View attachment 178441

I was wondering why their tune didn't match up... It's for the 2014 Cruze, not the 2015. Apparently they are slightly different. The 2014 tune (and the Trifecta tune) run on PN 12672168 for engine operation while the 2015 runs on.... Something else....

You'd think that wouldn't be a problem, but the so called stock tune they include is also the 2014's and not the 2015 tune you had originally. The only way to get the true stock tune is with a dealer flash.

#36 ·
Got the same letter the other day about the NOx sensor recall. I haven't had any CELs to date at ~25,000mi/40,000km. I would rather hold off if I can and get the most life out of the current sensor if I can as long as I continue to be trouble free.

I wonder if they found that not only does the sensor fail often, but under normal operation the current NOx and programming are out of EPA specs? Seems strange that they would issue a full out recall and not just an extended warranty and a technical service bulliten?

#37 ·
I wonder if they found that not only does the sensor fail often, but under normal operation the current NOx and programming are out of EPA specs? Seems strange that they would issue a full out recall and not just an extended warranty and a technical service bulliten?
If GM is serious about building up diesel, they might do that just to try and squelch any complaints that have been surfacing about the car. I think we've seen from the gassers that dealers don't always read the bulletins. Calling it a recall insures that they'll all be fixed. And there isn't that many diesels out there - so this might be an investment in the future.

That said, I wonder if it's affecting MPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.