Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Emissions countdown - dpf line heater

303 7
I was blessed with the dreaded emissions countdown to 65mph the other day. There was a host of codes, most notably p20BE and p221c. These are for def heater 2, which is the line heater. A resistance check across the pins to it show a value in the kohms, so definitely not the ~5 ohms it's looking for. Trying to find parts, I will share final resolution.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Now that i've figured out the part number, looks like rock auto does stock it. They are definitely one of my go-to's along with GM Parts East. Part number for the complete line is Emission Reduction Fluid Front Inlet Pipe Assembly - GM (39123503).

'**** Actually they are telling me i need P/N 42492083. Rock auto is showing it as a pallet and wants to ship it to my house via R&L carriers for $212 shipping. All the GM parts sites are showing between $200 and $400 to ship it. Gm parts now is local (~1hr away) and they are a decent price.

I've got half a mind to go get a 4 1ohm 5watt resistors and put them in series/ parallel. The troubleshooting guide tells me its looking for 1-4 ohms.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the resistors will dissipate the desired amount of heat, but they won't be as effective as transferring it to the line. Some insulating wrap would probably help. I do have a new line and heater on order, but will likely not install it until either this fails or I get notified of def quality issues.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: I received the new line from GMPartsNow.com. It does ship coiled up, so all the shipping estimates out there are wrong. IF you get ahold of these guys they should be able to correct the charges so they reflect the actual size of the part (the product description lists its shipping dimensions as the total length of the line @ ~115").

· Registered
1,339 Posts
Last year I made the same repair on my car. I found the line runs across above the fuel tank and is extremely difficult to access.

The tank pretty much needs to be dropped to get at the def line. I ended up cutting out the old line and ran the new one below the fuel tank following the same path. I was able to keep the line up enough to prevent any risk of damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts