Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
95 Posts
Alright Greg. Do it at the shop and next time I stop by to pick up my oil, ill have to hear her growl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will do! I should have time later this spring to do it. Will let you know when it's done.

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Given that was the SCR, he's likely still stuck on the side of the road!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was stranded with the "DEF Quality Poor" message and countdown in Texas last week (home is in Michigan).
I had the car shipped home without being fixed, and have been contemplating whether to fix it and wait for more issues in a few years, or delete it and live happily ever after. I'm leaning heavily towards the latter......

Anyway, lots of good info in this thread. I see that most have been leaving the SCR in place, but a few are asking about removing it and noise after doing so. I'm not completely familiar with what's inside the SCR, but it seems that over time it is bound to become clogged & be an issue, so I think removal would be the way to go. I would like to keep the car as close to factory sound levels as possible.

I am curious if the exhaust (mufflers) from a gas 1.4 or 1.8 engine could be fit into a deleted diesel. Has anyone studied the bottom side of both the gas and diesel Cruze? Obviously some fabrication would have to be done with piping, but if the mufflers fit and flow sufficiently, it might be an alternative to straight-piping and waking the neighbors.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I was stranded with the "DEF Quality Poor" message and countdown in Texas last week (home is in Michigan).
I had the car shipped home without being fixed, and have been contemplating whether to fix it and wait for more issues in a few years, or delete it and live happily ever after. I'm leaning heavily towards the latter......

Anyway, lots of good info in this thread. I see that most have been leaving the SCR in place, but a few are asking about removing it and noise after doing so. I'm not completely familiar with what's inside the SCR, but it seems that over time it is bound to become clogged & be an issue, so I think removal would be the way to go. I would like to keep the car as close to factory sound levels as possible.

I am curious if the exhaust (mufflers) from a gas 1.4 or 1.8 engine could be fit into a deleted diesel. Has anyone studied the bottom side of both the gas and diesel Cruze? Obviously some fabrication would have to be done with piping, but if the mufflers fit and flow sufficiently, it might be an alternative to straight-piping and waking the neighbors.
my car went def quality poor and countdown on way home from work (500 miles)

dropped the car off at a dealer along the way, knew it was the def heater, thats free...but they couldnt get to look at it for a couple days so rented a car and drove home

they fixed the def heater and other free stuff but then told me a new dpf was needed, i said nope

took the rental car back, picked up the car with countdown still active...and just made plans to rent a uhaul truck and trailer down the road to drag the car home then delete it

with 40 miles left until slower than 55 iirc, countdown disappeared, car was normal again lol

drove it another 3000 miles to spite that dealership, then put the delete kit on it 1000 miles ago

ive read that one dude has 30,000 miles deleted and his scr still isnt plugged

i have a concern aboot it plugging up, but at least its not something to deal with immediately, we have time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dealership in Texas replaced the NOX2 sensor, but didn’t resolve the countdown. I pulled the plug on dealer repair while I waited 1400 miles from home, and had the car shipped home.
Finally got it home, and took it for a drive yesterday while monitoring NOX1 & NOX2 feedback. It appears that things are working and NOX2 ppm values are in the single digits, so I’m contemplating either having my local dealer reset the countdown (just got into 55mph limit), or go for broke and drive the 75 miles at 55mph and see if it clears itself. I’d like to have it resolved for my own sanity, but I think a delete is in the future either way. Would still be nice to know that the parts I put on a shelf are good in case I need them in the future though.

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
From my experience, the NOx2 sensor is a check sensor which won't ever put the vehicle into countdown.

However, should another sensor put the vehicle into countdown (for instance, our particulate sensor, which is just past the NOx2 and is the last sensor in the system, failed and caused a countdown), the way to reset the system and remove the countdown requires a set of tests to be performed - with no other issues occurring.

This means that even though our NOx2 had been throwing a code, on and off, for basically a year or two (with no issues other than the light), it was now a holdup to clearing the countdown. Had to replace the NOx2 sensor in order to clear the countdown entirely, even though it was not the cause.

Sounds like something else is amiss.

301 - 307 of 307 Posts