Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
It'll say "OK" until it drops to 35%. The percentage will drop down to about 15% before it starts telling you how many miles you have left. It will tell you every time you start it when you have less than 300 miles left. At the end of that 300 miles, you're sitting at about 10%. That's as far as I've pushed mine. I assume it starts detuning the engine at that point.

· Registered
2,992 Posts
How can you guys tell how much def is left? I've got just over 6200km on mine and the def screen just says "ok". Mine is a city/highway mix but typically short trips under 55km. I also drive fairly conservatively so I'm not sure how that effects consumption.
Gen 1 says ok until I get to 35% then counts down, assume gen 2 would be similiar.
would guess its in the owners manual

yep p223

it warns you when you have 1600 kms of def left

· Registered
2,992 Posts

· Premium Member
7,545 Posts
Just the one letter saying my car has been recalled for emissions and needed software update.
My service papers said it had the correct update already installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In that case, I suspect that the update hasn't come out yet. You may not have the "correct" date, but rather, the most current version - so the dealer can't do anything. I'd wait for the second letter.

· Registered
132 Posts
I think there might be a running change for the 2018 cars. My new 6-speed hatch shows the exact percentage of DEF remaining in the driver information center screen, currently sit at 84% left. The simple "OK" always bothered me a little on the first gen diesel as I would like to plan a little better and be able to keep the tank near the halfway point so it stays fresher in extreme heat months, but it never caused a problem with running too low. Even when it starts the countdown you have plenty of time and can find DEF everywhere now (AutoZone, Walmart, most gas stations, etc.).

Reactions: MRO1791
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.