Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to service my 2014 Automatic 1.4T.
Was considering which oils to use for engine and transmission.
Anyone got any suggestions?

·
Administrator
15,614 Posts
I use and recommend AMSOIL's products.

Specifically, the Signature Series 5W-30 for the engine oil. It's a true 100% synthetic that is good for 15,000 miles in severe service or 25,000 miles in normal service. Filter changes would be needed every 7,500-8,500 miles. We have many people on this forum that have gone over 15,000 miles on this oil and all oil analysis reports look good. It's the best street oil on the market. It has exceptional oxidation stability (resists deposits). In the TEOST 33C test, which measures turbocharger conditions, it scored 7mg of deposits, beating Mobil 1 EP, which came in with 28.2mg of deposits. API SN maximum allowed is 30mg.

AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-30

For transmission fluid, we have an OE and a Signature Series ATF. The latter lasts 2x the OEM's severe service interval but both are very good and I have used both in customer vehicles. The OE ATF doesn't have the extended drain capability but is still better than the OEM fluid.

AMSOIL OE Fuel-Efficient ATF

Signature Series Fuel-Efficient ATF

Let me know if you're interested and I can get you a quote. We have discounted preferred customer pricing available that would save you quite a bit off of the website's retail pricing and get you free shipping.

·
Administrator
15,614 Posts
This may be a ridicules question...

But can we get these products up here in Canada?
Actually yes. A bit more expensive in CAD than you see on the website in USD, but yes. We have a distribution center in Toronto and one in Edmonton. Where are you located?

Here's the preferred customer account I was telling you about. On the kind of order you're looking for, the account would pay for itself and save you quite a bit of money.

AMSOIL Preferred Customer Account

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Ottawa Ontario

What would the cost be for both the tranny and engine oil PLUS shipping?

Estimated...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And while I'm at it....

I'm thinking of swapping out my plugs.

Someone mentioned a certain...Laser cut iridium ....
Apologies I'm uncertain the exact name of them.

·
Administrator
15,614 Posts
I'm in Ottawa Ontario

What would the cost be for both the tranny and engine oil PLUS shipping?

Estimated...
Well shipping is free to Canada for orders over $130, and an order of ATF plus engine oil would send you over $130. I'll send you both a quote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts