Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please note that this is a Chevy in the EU market, but I doubt there will me major differences with regard to what I'm dealing with.
With the exception of a broken turbo, which got replaced under warranty, I had a relatively worry-free 3 years of ownership of my Cruze.
I only clocked 32k miles on it, which I bet would be pretty low in the US.

Tomorrow is literally my last day of warranty. A couple of weeks ago I saw a "check engine" light, which disappeared after a while.
I scheduled a visit at the dealership mechanic the next day - they read the error as an issue with the airflow meter / throttle.
They reset the error. After a day or so the light came back on and disappeared on its own.
By that time I had the regular service after 3 years scheduled anyway - I wanted to get everything checked before the end of warranty.
Again, same problem, but it disappeared on its own.
Never the less I have asked for the air filter to be replaced, which I think is not standard on 3rd year service.
There hasn't been a problem since, for about 7 days now.
I have scheduled someone to have a closer look anyway tomorrow so that it is covered under warranty as I have been advised that this may be a serious repair due to labour costs.
Given that there is no issue at the moment, should I go ahead and have the engine / air flow throttle checked anyway?

Is anyone aware of a more widespread issue with this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.
It's MY13, I bought it brand new April 2014.
I guess I'm getting it checked today as it's free and under warranty.
In the future, when it's out of warranty, I may indeed try to fix some simple things myself, but if that means car being out of service for an extended period of time then it's a cost as well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.