Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum members.
I would like some assistance if possible please.
Has anyone had their Cruze stall while driving intermittently?

On some occasions (about 10 so far) while driving the engine just stalls. As if somebody just turns the key off while driving. The car has been serviced at all intervals and the battery has just been replaced. I don't believe it's a fuel issue, because the fuel filter is ok and it's not running rough or starving during acceleration.
You can't pick the timing of the fault either. It can happen any time even on hot or cold days.
On a couple of occasions I couldn't start it back up straight away. It wouldn't even crank the starter motor. I had to leave it for a couple of minutes. Frustrating when it happens at an intersection. On some occasions I was able to coast and change down a gear to crank start it again.

No fault codes are showing up on my scanner.
I am suspecting it's an electrical issue of some kind. Probably in the ECU somewhere????
I will take the car to the local Holden Dealer, but it's 5,000KM's outside of the warranty, so I suspect it won't be a cheap fix or diagnosis.

Anyone had this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Aussie.
It's a 2010 Diesel 110kw Single Overhead Cam Engine Code Z20S1 with a manual gearbox.

I will check the negative cable and the connections to the ECU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All fixed

Thanks guys for the advice. I was starting to go crazy with this.
I rechecked all the connections (loosened and tightened ground and positive wires) and it's running like a charm now.
This surprises me as it always had plenty of cranking power on the start. I wouldn't have expected it to be a bad connection.
There was no obvious signs of corrosion but it obviously needed a minor increase in conductivity somewhere.
Great advice guys.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts