Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so about 2 weeks ago, my engine started gurgling randomly while accelerating, the traction control light would come on and check engine light would blink while accelerating, it would randomly do this, lose power at say, 4000 rpm, stay there with low power, it would then "snap on" and shift and work normally, I though it was a trans issue, but it also happens in neutral.

Fair enough, I clean the injectors and throttle body (dirty af) and change the spark plugs (totally coroded) for titanium ones, and the problem disappeared yay!

... For a week, now it's doing the same thing again albeit at a less frequent rate, but it's driving me nuts, I stop in an intersection and when I push the throttle the car will go blurp blurp blurp and the other drivers would yell at me for being in the middle of the road.

I took the car to the dealer around 1 month ago for normal maintenance, and they put more oil than they should if its something... I can't take it back because they charge too much for inspections, mind you a repair.

It's a 1.8 with the 6A, any help or suggestion would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
change the spark plugs (totally coroded) for titanium ones, and the problem disappeared yay!

... For a week, now it's doing the same thing again albeit at a less frequent rate,
Hopefully someone else will jump in, but I'm not sure as this engine is happy with titanium plugs. You might want to switch to the AC Delco plug specified for your car. It's probably not the best, but it will run.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thing is, I removed the ignition coil to check it, then I put it back on and the problem went away for some days, so I'm starting to believe it's the problem, guess I'll have to go to the dealer to check it out

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Thing is, I removed the ignition coil to check it, then I put it back on and the problem went away for some days, so I'm starting to believe it's the problem, guess I'll have to go to the dealer to check it out
Get some OEM plugs from your dealership parts department before paying service to look at your car. The EcoTec engine is very touchy about spark plugs and it appears only iridium and copper plugs work well in the car. OEM plugs are iridium, most likely made by NGK even for your car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts