Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo RS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys how much horsepower you think I'm going to make with all these upgraded parts upgraded intercooler big green giant fuel injectors B&R throttle body spacer ZZ performance valve springs ported intake plenum
Photograph Font Screenshot Snapshot Design

Photograph Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting

Product Automotive lighting Font Gas Auto part

· Registered
256 Posts
So you have a ported valvetrain and diamond forged pistons + a spacer + intercooler?
I mean this depends on the tune and how much boost you plan to run but based on what I have seen on this forum it will be under 300hp.

· The Nuclear Option
5,870 Posts
Which turbo are you using?

The pistons, camshafts, valve springs, injectors, intercooler, and ported intake manifold don't do much to create more power above and beyond the tune. However, they do allow for the potential of greater flow through the engine, (which makes more power), IF you have a turbo that's up for the job. The factory design of the turbo/manifold as an assembly puts limits on power potential, as it is restrictive even if there are modifications to it. You can only shove so much through a tiny hole.

When I had a ZZP V3, I made around 220 WHP. See my build thread for details. I had all the engine modifications you listed plus a few more.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you have a ported valvetrain and diamond forged pistons + a spacer + intercooler?
I mean this depends on the tune and how much boost you plan to run but based on what I have seen on this forum it will be under 300hp.
Yes I have a little more than that diamond forged pistons and ZZ performance valve springs and cam with the ported intake green fuel injectors upgraded intercooler blow off valve and the stock Turbo with a Billet compressor wheel on it I haven't ran the car yet I'm in the process of getting a new computer then I will see what it'll do

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which turbo are you using?

The pistons, camshafts, valve springs, injectors, intercooler, and ported intake manifold don't do much to create more power above and beyond the tune. However, they do allow for the potential of greater flow through the engine, (which makes more power), IF you have a turbo that's up for the job. The factory design of the turbo/manifold as an assembly puts limits on power potential, as it is restrictive even if there are modifications to it. You can only shove so much through a tiny hole.

When I had a ZZP V3, I made around 220 WHP. See my build thread for details. I had all the engine modifications you listed plus a few more.
Okay well that's very depressing cuz I got nearly $6,000 in this engine and I do not have a turbo up for the job it's only a stock turbo for now because I cannot find a manifold to upgrade to a bigger Turbo

· The Nuclear Option
5,870 Posts
Can you find me a T25 turbo manifold here in North Carolina none of the shops I talk to want to make one so having trouble getting one
Howie from HEPerformance made mine. Lead time was around 3 months. He ceramic coated the manifold at my request. The quality was superb! I paid $535 for the manifold plus $170 for the ceramic coating.

T2 (T25) Manifold
Nickel Auto part Automotive tire Household hardware Metal

Manifold ceramic coated
Household hardware Nickel Gas Auto part Metal

Manifold installed with studs and new nuts
Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Automotive air manifold Automotive fuel system

The turbo mounted, turbo also ceramic coated
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold Vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
256 Posts
Howie from HEPerformance made mine. Lead time was around 3 months. He ceramic coated the manifold at my request. The quality was superb! I paid $535 for the manifold plus $170 for the ceramic coating.

T2 (T25) Manifold
View attachment 300016

Manifold ceramic coated
View attachment 300017

Manifold installed with studs and new nuts
View attachment 300018

The turbo mounted, turbo also ceramic coated
View attachment 300019
Looks great! I may order one just for possible future shenanigans

· Registered
49 Posts