Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just curious if anyone has done the internals on the 1st gen cruze? I was looking at pistons, valve springs and connecting rods from BNR and ZZP and I was wondering if anyone has used from either of these companys and would you reccomend one over the other?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi just curious if anyone has done the internals on the 1st gen cruze? I was looking at pistons, valve springs and connecting rods from BNR and ZZP and I was wondering if anyone has used from either of these companys and would you reccomend one over the other?
I just installed BNR Pistons in my 2012 Cruze, I was really impressed with the quality and changes they made in design over the stock pistons. I have pictures of the new pistons and what they replaced here: https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-gen1-1-4l-turbo/235283-thick-oil-smoke-high-rpm-3.html

As for ZZP, I can't say I have always heard good things... I remember there being some drama over their valve springs as they were directly from china or something.

BNR actually posts the specs on their Springs, and what they'll let you accomplish after upgrading. So that to me make me think they at least tested them in one of their vehicles.

As for connecting rods... Unless you plan to put a much larger turbo on and push this engine further than anyone has before I wouldn't say they're going to be an issue.

·
Registered
354 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.