Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine light came on directly after an oil change, I double checked my oil and everything is all good. I then did research on my 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco and read it may be my coolant levels. I checked and it was indeed low, I topped it off to the full line using the DEX-COOL coolant and still my light is on. I drive up and down Florida from Tallahassee to Palm Beach very often and cannot have any problems. Someone help please and by help I mean suggestions I could do at home before having to bring it in for a diagnosis

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,208 Posts
Check the oil cap and dipstick. Was/is the engine fan screaming whenever the car is running?

Beyond that, have the codes read at an auto parts store (they'll do it for free at most) and get back to us. Best we can do without knowing the codes is a wild guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the oil cap and dipstick. Was/is the engine fan screaming whenever the car is running?

Beyond that, have the codes read at an auto parts store (they'll do it for free at most) and get back to us. Best we can do without knowing the codes is a wild guess.
I'll get the codes tomorrow and post them, I thought there was always a charge. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts