Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 1.4 LTZ with 76k. Plugs were changed about 10k ago.

It has has recently developed what feels like a misfire when under a load. You feel this when moderately accelerating up a hill or away from a stoplight at times. It is not constant but rather intermittent. When it first showed up, I thought it may be bad gas. I used fuel treatment and have been through a few tanks. The problem still persists.

I took it to the dealer and they could not duplicate the problem. It shows no codes and they say the fuel trim and everything looks normal. I picked the car up and it did it twice to me on my drive home. I wondering if it is an ignition misfire or possibly a transmission issue like torque converter coming in and out of lock possibly.

It it feels like the symptoms of an older vehicle with failing plug wires. I am at a loss now since it is hard to make it happen. A hard acceleration almost never produces it. It seems to be more in the 2k-3.5k rpm range rather than higher.

I suppose at this point I am waiting on the problem to get worse or throw a code of some sort.

Anyone deal with anything similar?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Check your plugs and coil pack for corrosion. When my oil pack was taken off to do a plug change it didn't seal 100% and moisture caused corrosion on cylinder #4 plug and killed spark. Symptoms presented just like yours and went from "Did I just feel something?" to stumbling at 1/3 throttle in the RPM range you describe regularly over a month or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will check that out and see what it looks like. It certainly feels like an ignition breakdown, so that could be the case.

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts