Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello ! Why is the recommendation deksos 2 for gasoline engines in Russia?
My engine A14NET (LUJ) 103Kw (140 h.p.).
I live in Russia, I can use oil deksos1? For example Mobil1 x1 5w-30 (license dexos1)
the same engines installed in the Chevrolet cruze. And used deksos 1 in many countries ..
any reason to use deksos2?
I'm sorry, I use Google translator ..
Thank you

·
2,168 Posts
Hello ! Why is the recommendation deksos 2 for gasoline engines in Russia?
My engine A14NET (LUJ) 103Kw (140 h.p.).
I live in Russia, I can use oil deksos1? For example Mobil1 x1 5w-30 (license dexos1)
the same engines installed in the Chevrolet cruze. And used deksos 1 in many countries ..
any reason to use deksos2?
I'm sorry, I use Google translator ..
Thank you
Hello! Welcome to the American Cruze forum! The LUJ 1.4 liter engine in America requires Dexos 1. Some of the popular choices for motor oil are: AC Delco 5w-30, or Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-30. Check your car's owners manual or maintenance guide to see what is recommended. Dexos 2 is used exclusively in the Diesel Cruzes over here I believe, but there is a possibility I am wrong.

·
Super Moderator
7,738 Posts
Dexos2 is used in some European gasoline engines. I don't know why. But I would suggest that you follow the recommendations listed in your owners manual.

Russia is a beautiful country with a rich cultural heritage. Thank you for visiting us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello =) The manual stated dexos2 in gasoline and diesel engines in Russia, Turkey, Belarus, and Europe ...
Just a warning: Use only oils ACEA A1 / B1 or A5 / B5 can break under certain conditions ..
On some forums about oil, (there do labarotornye test oils) say that the assembly line to the engine flooded dexos1 ..
I was hoping that I could find out under what conditions you can use dexos1
it seems that dexos2 recommended for standardization, because it was hard to carry out a complete study of all the regions ... more reason probably in many European countries require increased oil drain intervals 30,000km (19,000mil) The Russian oil change every 10,000mil or when the board says computer (Do not know how to say in English). But I do not look at it and change the oil 4,500 miles
I saw a few people who use dexos1, but the new car is running 10,000mil ..
all use GM dexos 2 oil ..
AC Delco I never saw oil =) only parts ..
I'm upset that GM was forced to leave the Russian market, where it has been my Opel Insignia (buick regal), I really liked! Now I have a Opel Astra J GTC, I do not know whether they produce for the US market or not.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, often made the comment I am not worth as much as some of my pure bred dogs, and I sure can't get $2,000.00 for mating like some of my dogs did, this must be because I am a mixed breed.

Bring this up because I do have some Russian blood in me as well as Polish, French, German, but mostly Italian. And can along with my relatives of a more purer nature than I just fine. Even made a lot of Russian friends over the years.

Us hard working family oriented people can get along just fine, but our leaders sure can't and this is a major crime. And makes me wonder why we even have leaders in the first place.

One thing for sure, it is us that has to pay the price for this.

Anyway, welcomed to the board, and maybe its time to learn the difference between dexos 1 and 2. Ha, just a couple of years ago, engine oil was engine oil.

Ha, the only thing I really know on this subject is to read the owners manual, then buy the recommended oil with the same name on the label. And to do this yourself, take it to any shop, and you have no idea what they are pouring in. Did manage to get very paranoid on this subject a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
It might be that the use of dexos2 over there is recommended due to the fact that diesels are so popular and so the oil is more prevalent. Follow the owners manual and all will be well.

·
2,168 Posts
Everyone here agrees, the owner's manual for your cruze is your safest choice for choosing a motor oil type. If you do not have your owners manual any more, you can find it online with a quick search of google. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just wanted to know the reason for this decision of the GM ... that's interesting ..

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
I there any truth to this statement?

"
General Motors has their own standard for motor oils, recommended specifically for 2011 vehicles and later, but are compatible with earlier model years. Dexos standards are a combination of North American and European standards. Dexos 1 is made for gasoline vehicles and will be sold mainly in North America. Dexos 2 is for either diesel or gasoline vehicles, sold mainly in Europe. Dexos 2 is equivalent to MB229.51 for Mercedes, BMW standard LL-04, VW 502.00/505.00/505.01 standards, designed for the higher requirements of diesels so it is probably better oil but could have negative impact on fuel efficiency.

Federal law prohibits GM from requiring Dexos motor oils to maintain their warranty and your owners manual specifically states “dexos licensed or equivalent” products should be used. Many motor oils available have paid royalties to GM for licensing of their products and others have not. For the most part, Dexos is full synthetic motor oil and many other oils meet or exceed their standards."

Ha, use to be just conventional engine oils or or dinosaur oils as they were erroneously called. Ran several vehicles on Quaker State, a conventional oil well over the 200K mark, some over 250K, one over 330K without any engine problems. Road salt was the major problem for their demise.

Ha, then came along synthetic, use to say, why should I pay extra for synthetic when I could buy the real stuff much cheaper.

One thing I did learn very quickly, synthetics are far more superior of small engines, like your lawn mower or snowthrower, but these are air cooled engines. And synthetics can take a lot more heat than breaking down. 1986 Honda Civic already had 230K miles on on Quaker State and wasn't using any oil, but a water cooled engine, But a vehicle needs more than an engine to run also needs a body, wasn't much left of that.

Brand new 1988 Supra Turbo only got Quaker State, that's all they had back then, synthetics was more than twice the price as conventional with really no advantages. Sure they were advertising NASCAR, Indy 500, but the rest of use a dragging along at 55 mph.

When I got my Cruze, scared into using synthetics so no choice, but the changing intervals was much greater, and the price tag for dexos was only about five bucks more per change. Dealer wanted 40 bucks more for dexos, screw you, I will change it myself.

Ha, for the first time in 28 years, put synthetics in my Supra. Do I notice any difference? Not at 55 mph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
We guarantee to repair bad, the dealer is always trying to deny and force to the paid repair in words. and most people agree, not knowing about the laws. I already had to seek the help of lawyers.
Dealer forces to change the oil only from him and only dexos2
I refused service at the dealer, as .. the price is unreasonable, and in Russia few qualified mechanics, I sought advice on the run 7,000mil .. my bad were included transfer to M32 .. no mechanic did not know what the problem is, but at once say that this is not a guarantee! offered to withdraw the transmission of withdrawal of $ 120 and then begin to disassemble and gearbox .. and it can cost about $ 400 a total of $ 520 on other conditions refused to take the car!
I decided probleu yourself for $ 30) to start with simple .. It turned out that the oil in the box lost strength. I bought a new oil and replaced. Problem solved. Why mechanics dealer could not understand it. even though I told them about it, they said that the oil in the gearbox for life and its replacement is impossible.
the first maintenance (5,000mil) dealer asks $ 155 (this price is only 4 liters of oil, "GM deksos2" $ 45.) at any store price of oil $ 13 per 4 liters), if I pass 5 times service at the dealer then the guarantee makes no sense. because for $ 700-1000 in this car, you can eliminate any damage, and the likelihood of failure is very low.
in another service when using genuine GM oil filter and GM dexos 2 Maintenance cost me $ 40.
so I do not served by a car dealer, but is handled independently, I fully synthetic oil filter GM and GM each 5,000-7,000mil

in the United States banned the use of ACEA A1 / B1, A5 / B5 in these cars?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
ACER stands for "Association des Constructeurs Européens d'Automobiles", a group of European automotive manufacturers that dream up engine oil specifications.

With the key question, are the engine oil manufacturers following this. But I see reading the fine print at the rear of my engine oil bottles, do meet certain ACER specifications, along with key vehicle manufacturer specification, like GM, Ford, and Chrysler.

Same here with Chevy dealerships, good and bad ones, in my town want $84.39 claiming to use dexos oil, don't give the brand name and an oil filter. When I can purchase a 4.73L bottle of Mobile one for $23.20 including sales tax. And even have a half a quart left over that is exactly what my lawn mower or snowthrower uses.

It is very expensive to buy the same exact oil in quart sized bottle, like $6.65 per quart, for five quarts this is $33.25. Ha, back from the days when engine oil was 25 cents a quart. Typically the same price as a US gallon of gas use to be. Now much more than the price of a gallon of gas.

Can change it in less the time it takes me to drive back and forth to my dealer, and I also know the drain plug and oil filter cap is torqued to correct specification. And I know exactly what kind of oil I put in it, and the fact that the oil filter was replaced. Several dealers I know of skip this operation, but still charge you for the filter.

So my friend, we share something in common, not so good Chevy dealers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It might be that the use of dexos2 over there is recommended due to the fact that diesels are so popular and so the oil is more prevalent. Follow the owners manual and all will be well.

If you Follow user manual, it happens like this :
<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 22.4px;">

the warranty ends after 3 years or 62,000 miles .
with such a service, cars passing 75,000-80,000 miles and then break
Dealers all calculated =)
During warranty , the Dealer earns about 1,500-1,600 dollars. and then they are not beneficial to the car is not broke.
on the runs of about 75,000 already often doing a complete engine overhaul that cost about$ 1,000 . at the same time, breaks and auto transmission. repairs can cost of 1,000-1,400. But breaks because the manual stated that the oil in the automatic transmission does not need to change
In fact, the oil with automatic transmission the mileage 25,000 miles merges in critical condition.

After this not very hard to believe dealers, and manual transmission in Russia =)
It's either making money or are not considered operating conditions in Russia..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts