Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three years I´ve owned a Cruze Station Wagon 2014 1.7D ECO MT LTZ.
Before it was a ticking sound from engine that was increasing for some weeks, then suddenly lost power and lamp "engine fault" lit.
Does anyone of you have an idéa about what can cause this? :mellow:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now checked and there is no smoke. The problem with loss of power is suddenly gone. But still have the warning light and some ticking noise.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
You'll want to find someone with a scanner that can pull codes. In the US, many parts stores will do that for free.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If it still has warranty i would make an appointment and go to the dealer. The trouble code would help us with what is the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is insane!
This morning I went to workshop, left the car there and later on they call me and say the motor broke down completely when testing in workshop and has to be replaced.
I had already been told the warranty is out because the car dealer where I bought it new had it registered a few months before I bought it and 3 years already passed even though just 2 years and 9 months since I bought it. But the insurance should cover up to 8 years or 120000km......hope so....

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze straight drive
34 Posts
Three years I´ve owned a Cruze Station Wagon 2014 1.7D ECO MT LTZ.
Before it was a ticking sound from engine that was increasing for some weeks, then suddenly lost power and lamp "engine fault" lit.
Does anyone of you have an idéa about what can cause this? :mellow:
hey can you tell me why my acceleration is very weak and the needle comes back down very slow and I have no power. I installed a brand new turbo and it still has no power at all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.