Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 66 Posts

· Premium Member
7,556 Posts
They are uncertain where to go next.
They need to contact GM for help. As should be evident by now, diesel is a whole different deal than gasoline engines. There's no shame in asking for help in something they may not have a lot of experience with.

· Premium Member
7,556 Posts
By way of illustration, I have had to tighten all of my clamps (5) at least weekly since they loosen over time. Sometimes, they loosen daily and I have to check and Retighten them.
Sounds like a job for Loctite. I'd sure be using that before I'd start tightening things weekly.

· Premium Member
7,556 Posts
I would believe that to be very difficult, due to direct injection, and the fact that diesel won't auto-ignite when it's not compressed.
That was my thought, but then I realized that other then very wrong ignition timing, I didn't know why a gas engine backfires.

· Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Since this is a intercooler hose, isn't this connecting something bolted to the frame with something bolted to the engine? Since engines do move on the motor mounts under load, there'd would have to be some flex somewhere.

Which raises another question - what happens when the motor mounts start going bad? Because it could cause excess engine movement. This might be the weak link when that starts to happen.

1 - 5 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.